Perfect Spot for a HeatTroller

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred W

1 Wheel Drive
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Otay...

I did all the homework. Ordered me up a Heat-troller for my heated grips. The grips are the Symtec (sp?) circuit boards under the grips installed by the PO. They were kluged together with a 2 position swicth and a big-assed resistor to knock the heat down in the low position. The wiring was pretty bad and the resistor is just so crude...

So I was looking around for the optimum place to put the permanent heat-troller control knob and LED and I think I located the perfect spot. It is out of the way, yet completely visible. I can reach it without much fuss, though it's not quite as reacheable as the "in the left contol" jobs I 've seen. I just didn't want to get that invasive with my left control.

So here it is:

DCP_1632c.jpg

Whadda ya think? Genius or what? :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking knob. Does it turn on the windshield wipers? Headlights? :D

Looks good. Now you have room for more farkles down below.

Nice!

Here's yet another idea - I put the heat controller on my wife's FJR on the inner wrap-around part of the right lower fairing. Could just as easily put it on the left side in the same spot but this location was closer to the battery and it's where she wanted it. Very close reach from the bars without having to lean forward or reach across the bars.

fjrheatcntrl.jpg

Here's another mounting location that doesn't require you to reach forward to adjust the knob:
FJRTech: Left switch housing HeatTroller

ht2.jpg
Warchild,

Yep, I saw your install before I did mine. (part of the "homework") Like I said, I didn't want to get quite that invasive with my left switch housing.

My other thought was that I will undoubtedly be adding a few more "farkle essentials" to the bike over time and that location may be key on something that gets used more frequently. The heat control will only be used seasonally and hopefully I will find a nice setting and be able to leave it there.

You should see where the PO mounted the Hi-Lo switch before the HeatTroller upgrade. You had to snake your arm around the left handlebar to reach it. Not the greatest idea while underway...