Photos of my HID driving lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bramfrank

BramFrank
Reaction score
OK, I had a few messages asking me to post some pictures, as well as one question about where I managed to stuff the ballasts for my Hella Micro DE Xenon HID driving lights.

The left side of the bike is pretty simple - there is a fair amount of room for a ballast to the inside edge of the radiator cap - I used a tie wrap to immobilise the unit - the rubber base contacts the bike frame.

The right side is quite another matter. Because these are full size German ballasts Warchild's method wouldn't work, so it is wedged between the frame and the bodywork - can't describe it so I've taken a picture. In fact there are a number of them posted as 'clickable links'.

Thanks for the photos, and information. These have now gone to the top of my wanted list, once I get back from NAFO and start saving money again.

I'm confused by the wiring diagram. Did you use the battery as your hot source? My real confusion is where the yellow wire off of the relay gets connected.

I'm confused by the wiring diagram. Did you use the battery as your hot source? My real confusion is where the yellow wire off of the relay gets connected.
That would be the hot side of the relay coil. So it gets connected to a switch or some other source of 12 volt power that you want to control the lights. A relay is nothing more than a set of contacts (or switch if you will) that turns power on and off to the load (in this case the lights). The relay coil is what makes the contacts close, but it doesn't use much power, so it can be hooked to a small switch or other source of power with out pulling much current from that circuit.