Pics of a 2006 FJR1300A w/ Givi E52 Top Case

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ari,

Where did your get the Givi? Did they give you a good price?

Looks like a good set-up, there's one in my future.

Good job, and thanks for the pics -- nice to see what it'll look like on an FJR prior to trying to buy one.

Thanks... good photo's above on the TB sync also!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ari,
Where did your get the Givi? Did they give you a good price?

Looks like a good set-up, there's one in my future.
I got some great prices - but I didn't buy from the lowest bidder. The company that seemed to most want my business was TwistedThrottle (www.twistedthrottle.com). It turns out there's a backorder on the mount for the 2006 FJR1300. The owner at TwistedThrottle responded immediately to my questions about timeline (I'm all spun up about WFO-5). He went the extra mile and contacted Givi USA in the Carolinas and arranged to have my order shipped direct from them. I didn't ask for this, and I'm sure his profit when doing this for me was less than it otherwise would have been. I ordered at 4pm on a Wednesday, and I had everything in my order by Friday. The TwistedThrottle price was within 10 or 20 bucks of the best offer. They responded *days* faster than some of their competitors. That's my kind of company.

If you like the looks of the Givi, you should have no other worries. The engineering is solid, and some of the features are actually quite trick.

Last edited by a moderator:
What color did you get? Hard to tell if it's 06 blue or black?

Is the topcase easily removable? I want one for the LD trips but not for day to day use. I'm hoping it has some kind of quick disconnect system that allows it to be quickly and easily removed from the base plate?

Does the base plate fit without having to drill/tap/modify?

Tx - It looks great. See you at WFO!

What color did you get? Hard to tell if it's 06 blue or black?
Sorry. I suck at photography. It's the matte black case.

Is the topcase easily removable? I want one for the LD trips but not for day to day use. I'm hoping it has some kind of quick disconnect system that allows it to be quickly and easily removed from the base plate?
The case is extremely easy to remove: Insert key. Turn 90 degrees CW. Push red button. Push case forward and lift. It's literally seconds to remove it. Compared to removal of 2006 or 2005 FJR side cases, the Givi top case is definitely easier.

I'll gather some pictures tomorrow of what the rack looks like sans top case. It should have occurred to me to take those shots, but it didn't. The rack is totally acceptable from an aesthetic perspective. Folks looking at the rack without the case in place are likely to ask, "Cool. What's this for?". In other words, the rack without the case in place is not ugly.

Does the base plate fit without having to drill/tap/modify?
No drilling is required. Surprising, for me, was that I had to remove the Yammie-supplied mini rack in order to fit the Givi. If you look at the pictures provided, you'll notice black Givi stuff where there used to be Cobalt Blue Yammie stuff. The tools requied for the install were a metric socket set and a hex driver.

That said, I think the OHFJR rack with the Givi universal mount would be an improvement over what you see in the pics. If nothing else, you'd not have to de-install the Yammie rack as I did with the Givi rack. Also, you'd have more bungie tie-downs.

Tx - It looks great. See you at WFO!
Muchas gracias. If you want any close-up pics, let me know. I'll make them available.

WFO will rock. Verily.

Ari, do you mind if I ask what the total price is for this set-up? The Yammie price is enormous.

Thanks,

Don

Ari, do you mind if I ask what the total price is for this set-up? The Yammie price is enormous.
Thanks,

Don
I don't mind at all. The top rack (E96) is optional. I think you can buy the cheaper universal mount instead of the FJR1300-specific one (SR357). If you want the brake lights (I didn't because some folks said they're a little cheesey), you pay a little more.

Givi E96 Givi E96 Top Luggage $63.63

Givi SR357 Givi Topcase Rack $127.80

Givi E52 Givi E52 Maxia Monokey $265.59

======================================

$457.02

You can do a little better on price, I think, but I was really pleased with the service I got at TwistedThrottle.