Pics of Hepco Topbox

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bayou Boy

Reaction score
Here are a few pics of my Hepco Becker 50 liter Journey topcase on the HB rack.

It's rock solid and 100% waterproof as proven when doing 500 miles in New England two weeks ago through the remains of that east coast tropical storm.

I really like how it kinda matches the angle of the tail lights from the side.

I haven't tried to fit two helmets in it yet but I'm sure it will.

I have a padded backrest sitting in the garage to mount up for the wife.

199939455-M.jpg

199938621-M.jpg

And one of just the rack.

199935438-M.jpg

$189 for the box and $160 for the rack which looks waaay more sturdy than the plastic Givi rack.

And it just bolts on after 10 seconds with a small hole saw to the stock rack. This allows it to mount solid to the metal instead of the plastic stock rack.

I'm not too fond of the UFO on a landing pad look of the big Givi boxes.

Could you post a few closeup pictures of just the rack? Does it lock to the rack? Where did you purchase it?

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you post a few closeup pictures of just the rack? Does it lock to the rack? Where did you purchase it?
TIA

I'll get some more pics tonight.

It does lock to the rack and lock closed with one key. There is a carry handle built into the rear of the box. Hepco does offer liner bags for all of there boxes.

I got it at EurotechMotorsports.com

They are the USA importer for the Hepco stuff. Very good service. I was leaving for a trip a few weeks ago at noon on Friday. I got the box and rack in on Wednesday and they had pulled the wrong box. I called them and they gave me the option of whether I wanted them to next day or 2 day AM the correct box to me and have me ship the incorrect box back to them at my convenience with their shipping label.

This isn't the first time I've ordered from them and won't be the last.

Yeah, I don't like the box much either, I am however looking for something for my wife in the form of a back rest.
I have the same set up and I agree it's not the best looking set up but it has a lot of room, it is sturdy, the rack is very good for tie down items when the case is not on and it has not caused me any instability at any speed. Hepco Becker had this rack specifically made for the '06 FJR before anyone else did. Not sure where the hole saw comes in as my rack bolted into metal. There is a back rest kit available. It is a good product even though it is fugly.

Yeah, I don't like the box much either, I am however looking for something for my wife in the form of a back rest.
I have the same set up and I agree it's not the best looking set up but it has a lot of room, it is sturdy, the rack is very good for tie down items when the case is not on and it has not caused me any instability at any speed. Hepco Becker had this rack specifically made for the '06 FJR before anyone else did. Not sure where the hole saw comes in as my rack bolted into metal. There is a back rest kit available. It is a good product even though it is fugly.
Maybe I got a rack for an '05 somehow. I don't know. I like it a lot.

Like I said earlier. The Givi was a no go. I can't get over the UFO look and the mounts are nowhere near as sturdy as the HB racks. I think the Yamaha box looks rediculous with how tall it is. I've had very good luck with HB stuff in the past so I bought this. I'm very happy with it.

THat's why there are so many options out there.

Now, THey do make this same case with a paintable insert and a more expensive 52 liter one that is less industrial looking.

Now for the rack pics.

200454889-M.jpg

200455365-M.jpg

And one to show how far back the rack mounts for a passenger.

200457702-M.jpg