Pics of the FJR at Intermot 2008

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrchik

Just a girl in the world, having rode 3 FJRs
Reaction score
Yuck! What on earth is with those mirrors?? I see the black one next to it is normal looking so what's up with the silver one? And that color scheme is totally unattractive. Poor AE, that's just not fair to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen those mirrors on the police edition in Europe. Picked up a Mexican motorcycle magazine that had a feature article on the police version. I think they are fugly. You can also google for pictures of the police versions.

Where was this place? Was that someone's traded-in 07 with custom paint? By the way, thanks for the pics of the non-USA-available hand guards. That made up my mind to go with the vstrom guards.

Follow-up: just found the website for the show. So is that bike flying a Euro paint sceme or just a custom show prototype. Yes, thats it.

That's one of the 3 colors available for the Euro 2009 model and it's called Sunset Silver. It'll be available for both the A and AS versions (AS being known as AE in the US). The other 2 colors are Midnight Black and Smokey Gray.

Here's a few detail shots of the Sunset Silver bike.

2i75xtz.jpg
24faeyv.jpg
2zgyslh.jpg

33f81hl.jpg
29lzclj.jpg
29on7de.jpg

That bike is showing their Euro accessories. Included are the Hand guards (over the mirrors), tall windscreen, foot protectors and tail trunk.

Whichever Yamaha engineer/marketing type who came up with this paint scheme, they really need to be offer a Seppuku knife.... the blue stripes look like moist ass.....

Poor AE, that's just not fair to it.
Don't want to cause a panic, but if you look close, there's a clutch lever on that fugly-mirrored thing :eek:
Good eye Larry, I totally missed that.

Did I mention that I'm legally blind? No really, I am. :D [SIZE=8pt](Comes in handy cases like this, hehe)[/SIZE]

I think they made those mirrors for me.Hopefully when I get my FJR they might have some,I can install on whatever,I buy.

Since,about the early seventies,I've always had to figure ways to put two more mirrors somewhere(past history;semi driver)on my bikes,and the bigger the bubble the better.

If you think they look ugly,try four mirrors.

Here ya go, Monk

For just $380 or thereabouts you can have these color-coordinated clip-on handguards...

5VSW0748xx00_HR.jpg

Here in Europe they have been a complete flop. Only saw them at bike shows.

(Their price may have been a factor, I guess... :p )

Stef