Pictures of Cee Bailey shield for 2007

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaulinAshe

Reaction score
Just received it yesterday and mounted last night. Have not had an opportunity to test ride it yet. Will edit this post afterwards.

I had difficulty in determining exactly which shield I should order. CB specs their shield sizes compared to the upper width of the OEM Yami shield. I knew I wanted a shield that was basically the same width as the bottom of the Yami shield, but even after some conversation with the CB folks themselves, I still had some doubts about what I would receive. Maybe this post will help somebody else make an informed decision.

I ordered the +4w x +2h with flip. I really liked the way the CB with flip worked on my 05 after I made the custom cutouts at the bottom. With the improved air flow system on the 07, I do not anticipate needing any custom cutouts to reduce back pressure. Testing to follow.

Here are the quick-and-dirty pics with the shield in both fully-retracted and fully-extended positions.

p0001252.jpg

p0001251.jpg

p0001250.jpg

p0001249.jpg

p0001248.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info Jeff.By the way; You need a new helmet. :D
It's going to get painted. That's all I have heard since I brought Cherie home. The prob is that I JUST bought a new AC-12 in blue/white a week before the new bike. Even HJC has adhesion issues with paint on their carbon fiber helmets. I'm thinking about covering just the blue areas with silver, so I would have a silver/white/silver/black helmet.

I need to conserve funds for farkles and the WFO trip. :)

Nice!

I likely

My '07 should be in from D&H cycles soon. I like to look over the screen and think the screen like yours with the flip would really help direct air overhead in the down position . Hopefully this will allow to keep the screen down, I don't like the barn door like looks when raised.

Steve

Nice!I likely

My '07 should be in from D&H cycles soon. I like to look over the screen and think the screen like yours with the flip would really help direct air overhead in the down position . Hopefully this will allow to keep the screen down, I don't like the barn door like looks when raised.

Steve
That's exactly what I am hoping for and expecting, to be able to run the shield about 1" above bottom position and leave it there. Will be disconnecting the auto-retract next weekend when I disassemble all the tupperware and make up all the new wiring harnesses.

It will be interesting to hear how it works. I sure like the way it looks.

How tall are you? Just trying to get a sense of where the distortion line of the flip would be with the +2h fully extended.

Jeff,

Thanks for the info.

Is there a chance you could have someone or something hold the stock windshield over the new CB windshield and take a picture?

That way it would be easier to determine where the CB windshield is larger.

I read your post on another thread and now I'm a little confused where the windshield is larger.

Thanks!

I'll make some more pics tomorrow, this time with me sitting on the bike and with the stock shield overlapping for reference.

A. I'm 5'10", 30" inseam.

A. The shield I ordered is, according to CeeBailey, +4w x +2h with flip. That makes it the same width as the stock 07 shield at the bottom, and 2" taller. As you can see, the sides of the CB shield go straight up, rather than scallop inward like the OEM.

Will also get to test ride the shield tomorrow. This morning it's 24F and Homey don't do cold. :angry2:

So I do a search for something to help in my decisions and the pics are'nt there anymore :blink:

khrome

So I do a search for something to help in my decisions and the pics are'nt there anymore :blink:
khrome
Sorry! Can't seem to locate those images at the moment. Here's a couple pics that may give you some idea of the look.

nc13.jpg

img_4523.jpg

Thanx Jeff for putting up the pics. I am trying to decide what to order, main consideration is to reduce head buffet for my pillion.

khrome