pilot road's vs road 2's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LALAW9

Reaction score
:clapping: can anyone tell me if they have run then,and how they compare???!!!

I have gotten around 6,500 miles out of each of two sets of Pilot Roads -- a little bit more on the front and a little bit less on the rear.

I have my first set of Pilot Road 2s on it now, and have just shy of 4,000 miles on the pair. They seem to be wearing better than the regular Pilot Roads, and they certainly handle better (stickier in twisties).

Last edited by a moderator:
:clapping: can anyone tell me if they have run then,and how they compare???!!!

I think there are a few threads about tires. You can find more information by using google to search this forum. Try doing a google search for Pilot Road in Google. Type it in the google search box like this.

pilot road site:www.fjrforum.com

The result I got doing this is Click here

Hope this helps.

I have gotten around 6,500 miles out of each of two sets of Pilot Roads -- a little bit more on the front and a little bit less on the rear.
I have my first set of Pilot Road 2s on it now, and have just shy of 4,000 miles on the pair. They seem to be wearing better than the regular Pilot Roads, and they certainly handle better (stickier in twisties).
I agree with Rich. The PR2s are much stickier in the twisties.

As for mileage.....I also got around 6500 from the PRs. PR2s? Over 9800 on the rear and I'm still running the front @ 13,500 though the profile is starting to "wedge".

I'm sold on them for my style of riding: Not super aggressive though spirited at times.

PR2 is the best I have found The first 7,000 miles on a coast to coast two up and carring a lot of gear

the rear tire was begining to wear uneven but since then with normal weight and a suspension adjustment . I am now @ 13400 on these wearing

smooth but time for a new set.

I may be slapping a set of the Busa for a trip to Kali in a few weeks. I'm hoping to spare the BT016's from flat spotting on the freeway. I do love the BT016 in the corners, but it may not fair on this trip.