Pirelli Angel Endurance Records Video

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Pirelli and international journalists recorded a new 24-hour World Duration Record at the Nardò Technical Center aboard a 2009 Suzuki Hayabusa, covering a distance of 5135.071 km (3190.8 mi) at an average speed of 213.96 km/h (132.9 mph) using only one set of Pirelli’s new Angel ST sport-touring tyre, a road tour simulation equal to 12,000 km (7,500 mi) at normal speeds of 80-100 km/h (50-65 mph).

Aboard a second motorcycle, a 2009 Kawasaki GTR 1400, Pirelli and guests generated six additional records in the new class including a 12-Hour World Record of 2502.873 km (1555.2 mi) with an average speed of 208,573 km/h (129.6 mph). "

Oooooh, almost 3200 miles w/o wearing out. Simulation equal to 7500 miles at normal speeds. :rolleyes:

Doesn't really tell us much about the tire wear. They just were breaking a record of how many miles they could go in 24 hours on one set of tires. Zero info or pics of what the tire looked like at the end. Heck, SkooterG could beat that. ;)

When the tires are actually available... then we'll find out what kind of wear they really give. They sure have been hyping this tire for a while. Seems like last year they were showing pics of the angle/demon figures on the tires.

Yeah yeah... you can go further on a car tire. :rolleyes:

But did ya watch the video at least? I don't care about the actual records. They're obviously BS. Guinness World Book type records.

And all those words... those are coming out of the same talking heads that I mentioned are conspicuously absent from the video loop.

But the video, man... the video.

PS - Yeah I've kinda been wondering what the big hold up is the release. Maybe they have too much back stock in Stradas, which is OK with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, ya got me there, it was a cool video. Good tunes and no talking BS.

And hey, I didn't say a thing about CTs! :lol:

That looks like a plain 'ol long oval. Those tires must've had one helluva flat spot in the middle!

And hey! where's the hot Italian babes wearing little more than a Pirelli logo and maybe some wings? :yahoo:

Did anyone look at some of the names on the rider's roster? "Paulus Leonardus Moojiman" & "Mentis Charalambos" - is someone taking the piss?

Cool video / marketing campaign. Did Pirelli buy Michelin...those tread patterns look pretty close to our beloved PR2's. Interesting choice of bikes to make the run though...

--G

Cool music, nice video. As far as the tires; probably a good tire (but who knows for sure). Didn't show the tire at the end of the run, doesn't take into account traction, doesn't take into account heat-cycles, doesn't account for durability with weeks/months/years on the street. It was what it was; a record attempt (but no clear conclusions to make me want to buy or try).