Pirelli Diablo ROSSO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddyman

Reaction score
Okay...

Well, I actually wanted to ask if anyone had used or was familiar with the Pirelli Diablo Rosso.

I searched the forums and did not find any info about them. Same with the Pirelli web site. Lots of pretty pictures.

The Pirelli site indicated that it was their next series of street specific tire; but that was pretty much it.

Unless I absolutely missed it, this is not the same as the plain Diablo, Corsa III, or Strada. There is plenty of info about all of those that does not need to be rehashed. <_<

Believe me, I do not aspire to end up in NEPRT, but I had a collision years ago caused by a tire failure and am, um, obsessive about what goes on my vehicles and their condition.

Thanks for the info!

These are newly introduced tires and from what I understand are more of a track type tire that is very good. They say the following:

The Rossos will come in a wide selection of sizes, from 110/70 x 17 fronts all the way up to the chubby 190/50 x 17 rears. For now, the sizes that will be available starting the end of November will be the 180s/190s. The standard Diablo will still fulfill the needs of the smaller sizes (110s and 150s for example). Pricing is said to be 10-15% above the departing Diablo's retail cost.

Not sure how they would fare on a FJR.

I did not see what the Side Wall ratings are. I believe you would need an "E" rated sidewall for the FJR in case you wanted to try them out.

Well, I finally found a review of the Rosso on an FJR.
I do not know how reliable it is, but the result is that the Rosso is not quite up to the weight of the FJR.

https://www.2wf.com/content/view/1527/45/

Now, about the Dunlop Roadsmarts...

:rolleyes:

thanks...good find, quick interesting read. Will be renewing my PR2 membership instead of these though. :)