PITA boot question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

irishcurtis

While at the local BMW shop buying my Olympia Phantom (in Hi VIz, of course), I noticed several Alpinstars and Tour Master waterproof boots at clearance prices. Very nice boots, had my size....for the left foot. My right foot is a bit wider than my left and, as a result, I am often forced into E widths for the best fit.

Anyone know of a decent waterproof touring boot available for wide feet? I will be running a Google search while I await your answers.

Curtis

Sidi makes a boot called the Way Mega Rain. They don't say it waterproof, they say it has a water resistant. The 'Way Rain' is their normal width and the 'Way Mega Rain' is their EE width. I have a pair and really like them. They can be a little warm on those hot days but not too bad.

Dude,

in the long run, cutting off the extra width of the right foot will save you money; But as I like to say to my kids "this is going to hurt" :rolleyes: :unsure: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! (not ethe distinctly carnivorous tone here)

That's PITA as in Pain in the A$$, not PETA as in People for the eating of tasty animals.

The PITA I was referring to was ME and my obsessive, overly demanding feet, which must remain warm and dry at all times. Unfortunately, most motorcycle boots sem to be designed and built for 5'2" Italians, not 6'2" "Muricans.

The Sidi Mega Rain gets good press, but is marketed as "Water Resistant", which in my experience never really is.

This 6'2" Italian wears Doc Martin Work Boots with a steel toe. I have very wide feet and these are very comfortable. I can ride anywhere and then walk around all day.

Do not mean to hijack this thread... but where did you get your Oxtars resoled, Ray?

I have Bates boots from the Army and Navy store. They are Gortex and are comfortable like sneakers.

I have worn them on 7 k mile trips and no complaints. The boots got wet on the outside, but my feet were always dry and comfortable on the inside.

Wearing them right now since I rode the FJR to work today.

Around $120.00

www.batesfootwear.com/US/Product/NP/Law-Enforcement/Delta-8-Gore-Tex-Side-Zip.aspx

Clicky thing did not work for me...UGGG

I have Bates boots from the Army and Navy store. They are Gortex and are comfortable like sneakers.I have worn them on 7 k mile trips and no complaints. The boots got wet on the outside, but my feet were always dry and comfortable on the inside.

Around $120.00

www.batesfootwear.com/US/Product/NP/Law-Enforcement/Delta-8-Gore-Tex-Side-Zip.aspx

Besides the Matrix boots above, I also use Bated duty boots. I like the ones that have zippers on the side and plastic zippers and no metal in them. They are as light as my sneakers. I spray them with silicon waterproofing and they are waterproof for a season. They sell for about $80 in stores around here.

I have Bates boots from the Army and Navy store. They are Gortex and are comfortable like sneakers.I have worn them on 7 k mile trips and no complaints. The boots got wet on the outside, but my feet were always dry and comfortable on the inside.

Around $120.00

Besides the Matrix boots above, I also use Bated duty boots. I like the ones that have zippers on the side and plastic zippers and no metal in them. They are as light as my sneakers. I spray them with silicon waterproofing and they are waterproof for a season. The ones I like are called the Enforcer, but they also have waterproof boots on this site.