Police style "crash" bars

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
without looking for them I would bet those are not on the market. Secondly, I find it doubtful that those bars would hold up to the weight of the bike because it looks as though they are only fastened to the bike in the front, and at the tail. Leverage would conspire to make those things pretty useless. IMSO

Last edited by a moderator:
without looking for them I would bet those are not on the market. Secondly, I find it doubtful that those bars would hold up to the weight of the bike because it looks as though they are only fastened to the bike in the front, and at the tail. Leverage would conspire to make those things pretty useless. IMSO
There's a company in the Netherlands that farklizes the police bikes. I think Stef was onto them a couple of years ago, but nothing became of it. If you do find them and they will sell 'em to you, plan on paying beaucoup bux.

Screw the crashbars, I want the frickin siren. That would wake up a cellphone blabbin, minivan drivin, soccer mom.

yam_fjr1300_polizei.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Screw the crashbars, I want the frickin siren. That would wake up a cellphone blabbin, minivan drivin, soccer mom.
yam_fjr1300_polizei.jpg
Forget the siren as a one legged rider I could really do with those bars (Note I don't say I could really USE them :dribble: )

I don't carry passengers either (her indoors has her own bike) so I'd like that single seat, (which must be comfey for coppers to spend hours on) and the box for the radio (maybe filled with other electrics).

I wonder what they did about power for all those cop farkles?

Where did this link come from?

Might be a lead to contacting the peeps who did this.

This is what I got from a reply from ( Hans Reijmerink

BIKE PARTS & THINGS

Zwanenkade 68

2925 AS Krimpen aan den IJssel

Nederland )

Steve,

Recommend you check with Yamaha Germany. I assume they have delivered direct to the German police or can let you know which firm delivered to the German police. You should be able to get your answer that way. Unfortunately I do not know. I know the Dutch militairy police has bought a lot of these bikes but without the crash bars shown on the picture.

good luck hunting

met vriendelijke groet / kind regards,

Hans Reijmerink

BIKE PARTS & THINGS

Zwanenkade 68

2925 AS Krimpen aan den IJssel

Nederland

e-Mail [email protected]

URL: (w)BikePartsandThings.EU

Banknr: 38 24 83 626 t.n.v. Bike Parts & Things

IBAN: NL 83 RABO 0382 4836 26 BIC: RABONL2U

KvK / Chamber of Commerce # 32100317

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2006 9:03 PM

To: [email protected]

Subject: Police crash bars

Hello can anyone help me find police crash bars for a 2006 FJR1300ae. ? Thank you https://www.motorradweb.de/redaktion/images...300_polizei.jpg

IN my quest to find info on police style "crash" bars . E-Mail & Link I got back, I'm still working on it.

Write to:

Baumeister und Trabandt GmbH

[email protected]

Look Infos at https://www.fjr-tourer.de/fjr/umbauten/polizei.pdf

----- original Nachricht --------

Betreff: Police crash bars

Gesendet: Do, 23. Nov 2006

Von: steve

Hello can anyone help me find police crash bars for a 2006 FJR1300ae. ? Thank you https://www.motorradweb.de/redaktion/images...300_polizei.jpg

--- original Nachricht Ende ----