Power Commander for 06 & turn signal upgrade

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikerkash

Reaction score
I had 11k on my 06 AE and was not satified with the throttle response especially coming out of corners so I had my dealer install a PC with software upgrades. After 1000 miles with this upgrade I feel it was well worth the expense. Now if the throttle is jerky it is the guy behind the bads and not the bike, makes a fun bike even more fun.

Also I installed two very bright LED lights on the very upper part of the dash right next to the very dim stock signal lights. I no longer forget to cancel the turn signals even in the brightest of sun light a real safety issue. RIDE SAFE

Now if the throttle is jerky it is the guy behind the bads
Huh?

4 years of college and 3 years of grad school and I have no idea what you're trying to say. My guess is, though, you are saying the jerky throttle is the rider not the bike.

As an AE owner, I dissent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now if the throttle is jerky it is the guy behind the bads
Huh?

4 years of college and 3 years of grad school and I have no idea what you're trying to say. My guess is, though, you are saying the jerky throttle is the rider not the bike.

As an AE owner, I dissent.
As somebody with 4 years of college and 3 years of graduate school, I got it. He was saying (I believe) that after the installation of the PCIII, if there is any unsatisfactory throttle response, it will be identified as the faulty skill of the rider, not an inherent fault of the FJR1300AE.

Unless I'm wrong........... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be interested to see how you hooked up the led's for the turn signals. The size of those things has been bothering me since I bought the bike. Got a picture?

Also, for you other guys questioning BIKERKASH's original post, you may find more information HERE. If not, its fun to look at anyway.

Sorry if I did not make it clear but the PC did smooth things out and for me was well worth the $$$. I meant to say, if it's still jerky it's the guy behind the BARS, sorry about the misselling. The turn signal indicators lights look like a factory install and work great. RIDE SAFE

Here's the pics Bikercash was trying to post....

FJRsignal2.jpg

FJRsignal1.jpg

I'm not too sure what I'm looking at here, so you '06 owners ask him what's up.

Sorry if I did not make it clear but the PC did smooth things out and for me was well worth the $$$. I meant to say, if it's still jerky it's the guy behind the BARS, sorry about the misselling. The turn signal indicators lights look like a factory install and work great. RIDE SAFE
All well and good but it still takes a zillion foot pound newton or what ever to twist the dam thing!