Power commander III vs V

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greywolf

Reaction score
Pardon me if this is posted already , I searched and didn't see it.

What are the merits of the Power commander III vs 5 , it appears the 5 is biased towards track use .

Thanks for the enlightenment

The V is way easier to install. You lift the tank and find the FI plug and insert the PCV plugs there, rather than unplugging the ECU and all that jazz. So, simpler. The PCV also has another column of map at 15% throttle, and maps are in a different file format than PC3. I use the map provided with the PC5 by FuelMoto.com.

I have a III, didn't have to unplug the ECU. They both connect at the fuel injection connectors under the tank, and they have a ground wire.

On Dynojet's site, they list only the III for 2003-2008, and only the V for 2009 and 2010. Can you not run a V on earlier Gen II bikes, or a III on the later ones?

I know the III has different models for Gen I and Gen II, so there's apparently no V for Gen I.

I have a III, didn't have to unplug the ECU. They both connect at the fuel injection connectors under the tank, and they have a ground wire.
On Dynojet's site, they list only the III for 2003-2008, and only the V for 2009 and 2010. Can you not run a V on earlier Gen II bikes, or a III on the later ones?

I know the III has different models for Gen I and Gen II, so there's apparently no V for Gen I.
My mistook. I thought I saw posts/pictures of the PCIII with ECU plugs.... thanks for the correction.

...On Dynojet's site, they list only the III for 2003-2008, and only the V for 2009 and 2010. Can you not run a V on earlier Gen II bikes, or a III on the later ones?...
PC5 works great on my '07 with the fuel map pre-configured by fuelmoto.com. Plug and play.