Power Commander V Auto Tune Module

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UselessPickles

Making Grand Canyon replicas from air boxes...
Reaction score
I just checked out the user guide for the new Auto Tune module for the Power Commander V: https://www.powercommander.com/downloads/sh...ides/AT-200.pdf

One interesting thing in there is that you must either use a laptop or wire your own additional switch to the unit to accept the results of the auto-tuning at the end of your ride. The switch option is actually using the switch to turn auto-tuning on and off. If you switch the auto-tuning off, it will save the changes to the fuel map.

For comparison, the Motty AFR Tuner will save its auto-tuning results to the fuel map by simply using the engine kill switch, then waiting a couple seconds before turning the ignition off to give the Motty time to save the changes. I haven't looked into the Bazzaz auto tuning unit in detail, but from what I've read about it, the only option to save the results of auto-tuning is to hook it up to a computer and accept the changes.

Hope this helps someone make an informed decision when choosing a fuel tuning device...