Power Commander V

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kromm

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about the new power commander V ? Clicky I am about to get me a PC3 when I saw this and went to Dyno Jets Web page to check it out. It says its new for 2009 models but since the FJR is the same except for a minor color change from the 2008 I figure it should still should work on my "08 . Any Ideas????

DynoJet could refuse to help you with any problems you have on your 2008, even if it really is compatible. They might not refuse to help, but they have already declared the right to do so by only supporting 2009+ bikes. Still, I would think it should work just fine on a 2008 FJR.

If you're not planning on getting the AutoTune module, then you should think about saving some money and having official support on a PCIII. The AutoTune module support is the main improvement provided by the PCV (but remember that it is not included with the PCV).

If you would like to use the AutoTune, then you should also take a look at the Motty AFR Tuner (installation here, ride report here). It includes the "auto tuning" and a data logger in one neat little package. With the PCV, you have to link multiple units together. The Motty also uses a higher resolution map (more RPM and throttle positions in the map) with a lot of detail at lower throttle positions for some REALLY smooth off/on throttle control. The catch is that it's not plug'n'play like the Power Commander. Some quality time with a soldering iron is required, but model-specific wiring instructions increase confidence.

I have pretty much decided on the PC 3, But I just saw the PC V when I was doing a search for a good deal for one on the web. I've been following the posts on the Motty tuner and decided that although it sounds good, cost wise the PC 3 is more in my price range right now. I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about the PC V. It was new to me.