Power commander

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xzalion

Reaction score
Hi

Just like to know if an Power commander increase horsepower or any on the bike it self. Cause i want to put one, one my bike, any Graphics view on an power commander on an fjr 1300?

Hi
Just like to know if an Power commander increase horsepower or any on the bike it self. Cause i want to put one, one my bike, any Graphics view on an power commander on an fjr 1300?
Try typing into the Google command line "powercommander site:www.fjrforum.com"

Be nice guys, he's not from around here.

Usless Pickles! Usless Pickles to the white courtesy phone!!!

Hi

Hey man.

What is your problem? I only ask since this is an big blog about just FJR's, Ok i say now to {Piss off} & leave my post along I'll ask about anything i want Regarding to Fjr stuff ashole!!!

Hi

Hey man.

What is your problem? I only ask since this is an big blog about just FJR's, Ok i say now to {Piss off} & leave my post along I'll ask about anything i want Regarding to Fjr stuff ashole!!!
Whoa! Sorry! Missed something here, I was only trying to help! The "Google" thing is the standard way to search for Forum information

Try this link Click This

And "Useless Pickles" is a guy here on the Forum who has done EXTENSIVE modifications to his bike including a LOT of Power commander work, including remapping custom maps. Hopefully he'll see this and help out. Just looking to see if he could help.

The "be nice" comment was to alert my fello forum members to try and be civilized. There's a lot of folks who jump on new people because they don't do a "search" first, which I don't agree with.

Hi

Hey man.

He was being helpful and you don't even know it.

You should read the post, follow the advise, then post an apology/thank you...

Hope I didn't scare the poor guy off, he seemed sincere. :(

Thanks for the support Scotty.

Jeeze, I've worked overseas for more than 20 years . My staff meetings had the demographics of the U.N. General Assembly and I still sometimes forget about communication in "english" other than the Kings English....sigh

Hope I didn't scare the poor guy off, he seemed sincere. :(
Thanks for the support Scotty.

Jeeze, I've worked overseas for more than 20 years . My staff meetings had the demographics of the U.N. General Assembly and I still sometimes forget about communication in "english" other than the Kings English....sigh
I think a little Humble Pie will be coming your way once the gentleman realizes the error of his ways. Too bad, but I think you’re correct in terms of the him misunderstanding your comments.

Thanks for your response though, I learned something.

Keep Going!

Hi

Sorry for it. it was late & i had some troubles with C++ Files & beleive me it work me so up, i hit blank & read your post & did feel an bit offende!, But yes maybe that guy can help.

Regards

Hi
Sorry for it. it was late & i had some troubles with C++ Files & beleive me it work me so up, i hit blank & read your post & did feel an bit offende!, But yes maybe that guy can help.

Regards

It was late, I was having a bad day, so it's ok to be rude. It doesn't matter how well you command english, rude is rude. Try decaf!

Hi

Regards

It was late, I was having a bad day, so it's ok to be rude. It doesn't matter how well you command english, rude is rude. Try decaf!
Give him a pass just once. zxalion is the guy who polished up his fjr and posted pics - pretty nice.

Hi

Regards

It was late, I was having a bad day, so it's ok to be rude. It doesn't matter how well you command english, rude is rude. Beeeoootch!!! Try decaf!
There, I dun fixed it for ya. :rolleyes:

Hi
In my experience the PC by itself doesn't add any noticeable power. What will help are other modifications (intake, exhaust etc) ... which the PC will allow you to maximize.

Hi

Regards

Give him a pass just once. zxalion is the guy who polished up his fjr and posted pics - pretty nice.

Thanks for your help out here!

Even here I do want a bit of a gentlemenslike behaviour!

In my branch there is no silly questions whatsoever, a guest and an member of this forum is treated like a guest and a member of our forum.

I'm kind of disapponted of alot of "master of the world" behaviourism, as an outstander (not stateside) I do recommend a little politeness, gents ;)

Tks.

Tor

Power Commander does not usually add full-throttle HP to any bike, because stock bikes are usually setup for sufficient fueling at full-throttle (although probably a bit rich to be on the safe side). Where it does help on a stock bike is in the partial throttle areas where the bike is running a bit lean to help it meet emissions requirements.

The Power Commander should not be thought of as power modification, but as a tool to properly configure your bike for use with other power modifications (intake/exhaust mods, etc). The fuel map provided with the Power Commander will increase smoothness and responsiveness in some partial throttle areas on a stock bike, but it's not really going to be the perfect map for your bike because all bikes are a bit different.

If you plan to never modify your intake/exhaust, then I would say that the PCIII with the provided map (or one of the variations of the "smoothness" map for a stock FJR) will probably be the best value. If you plan on making changes to intake/exhaust, then there's only 2 choices in my opinion:

1. Make all of your modifications at one time and pay for a PCIII and a custom tune on a dyno. Plan to never make any intake/exhaust changes ever again because then you would need a new custom tune.
  2. Buy a PCV + AutoTune, or a Motty AFR Tuner (if you like splicing and soldering wires), and let the bike continuously tune itself. This option is not a magic cure-all. It's a tool that you have to be willing to learn how to use properly. Once you learn how it works, you can customize fueling in terms of air/fuel ratios and let the system automatically tune itself to your settings. You can make as many intake/exhaust changes as you want, in any order, at any time, and the system will adjust itself to maintain the air/fuel ratios you specify.

There's not much difference in cost between the above 2 options, so it really depends on whether you want to just get it all taken care of at once without having to learn anything about tuning (option 1), or if you are actually interested in tinkering with your bike and willing to learn a bit about tuning so that you can configure a self-tuning system by yourself. I wouldn't count on a tuning shop to setup a PCV + AutoTune properly for you; they will probably just install it with default settings and send you on your way. If they're really clueless, they might even insist that they must tune it on the dyno.

Many people will buy a PCIII, make changes to intake/exhaust, then just try several fuel maps that are deemed to be "close enough" and choose one based on how it "feels". I personally don't like this approach. If I'm going to modify my bike, I want to be sure that the proper amount of fuel is provided to match the change in airflow through the engine.

Here's some links to some Motty AFR Tuner info. Many of the concepts involved with the Motty also apply to the PCV + AutoTune setup (big exception is that the PCV installation is much easier: plugs into factory wiring connectors).

General Motty info and installation: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=113507

Getting both power/smoothness and good gas mileage: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=123878

And here's a long discussion about someone's experience with the PCV + AutoTune. From my involvement in the discussion, it seems like he still hadn't quite figured out exactly how the auto-tune portion worked. He did run into a similar hesitation/stalling problem I had with my Motty. This'll give you an idea about what kind of stuff you'll have to be willing to learn about and experiment with if you want to take full advantage of the system. I believe the final result of this discussion was that he returned everything back to default settings because it "just worked" that way, but I believe he's not actually getting a full custom tune with default settings: https://www.fjrowners.ws/phpbb2/viewtopic.p...asc&start=0

If you have no desire to learn about that stuff, then I suggest sticking with a traditional system (PCIII, or PCV without AutoTune) and paying for a custom tune on a dyno.

Even here I do want a bit of a gentlemenslike behaviour!

In my branch there is no silly questions whatsoever, a guest and an member of this forum is treated like a guest and a member of our forum.

I'm kind of disapponted of alot of "master of the world" behaviourism, as an outstander (not stateside) I do recommend a little politeness, gents ;)

Tks.

Tor
Thanks for the help, your words are very true, Some poeple just don't know how to behave in some way.