PR 2 prices?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxracer911rc

Reaction score
Its getting about that time for new tires..Does anyone have a good lead on where to buy a new set of PR 2s? Whats a good price to pay? Thanks everyone! :clapping:

A little searching in the NEPRT section will go a long way. There have been a couple recent threads with the info you seek.

https://spreadsheets...gq9Lm2ZzvcaQZbw

EDIT - I had stumbled upon this link during some searches. It is maintained by Forum Member Extrememarine! Kudos to him for maintaining this list!
clapping.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
From my perspective and speaking only for myself, I buy from my local stix and brix folks if they can come within 10% of the 'net price. I have no desire to see them fold because folks were happy to take up sales people time, try on shit, etc, etc and then go save $10 bucks on the internet. So for me, I always give my vendors a chance to give me their best price and if it comes reasonably close, they get my money. I think y'all should try this... speaking only for myself, of course...

I do agree with your statement here; however, every time I have taken current "best deal" prices into my local brick and mortar shops, they can not come close - they can not price match (a price match still costs me more once they add sales tax) and refuse to do a price match "out the door" price. I really want to spend money locally, but when the cost of a set of tires is $80 -$100 more than an internet price, I can't throw away that kind of money. The kick in the balls is that they have a huge banner up over their parts counter that says, "Best Tire prices!".

It never fails, every time I do go in for something(spark plugs, air filter, oil filter, fasteners, etc) that I figure they'd stock, I get the same response: we can have it in 3 days. I needed a helmet shield, they are a dealer for that helmet brand, have over 100 samples on the shelf, but not one replacement shield in stock. I can have it in 3 days off the internet for $20 less... But I keep hoping it will change, and keep giving them the chance.

From my perspective and speaking only for myself, I buy from my local stix and brix folks if they can come within 10% of the 'net price. I have no desire to see them fold because folks were happy to take up sales people time, try on shit, etc, etc and then go save $10 bucks on the internet. So for me, I always give my vendors a chance to give me their best price and if it comes reasonably close, they get my money. I think y'all should try this... speaking only for myself, of course...
which is why I developed this worksheet and try to keep it up to date as best possible. I did not post it as I manage it off a thread in the other sandbox.

-Wayne

Well spoken.

which is why I developed this worksheet and try to keep it up to date as best possible. I did not post it as I manage it off a thread in the other sandbox.

-Wayne
Huge kudos to you Wayne for getting that comparative information out there...has saved me many dollars over time.

Dollars I have used for trips and have spurred local economies far from home.

The money I have saved from overcharging local mcy dealers have gone into some great breweries in Kali and many other states. I have also subsidized a few more gas stations and motels that wouldn't have gotten my business otherwise.

Voting with dollars is demokratische.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another kudos to Wayne for the spreadsheet. Thanks man, I'm getting ready to buy tires, and I had previously never heard of some of those retailers who may get my business soon.

Derbycycles.com has it for $249 shipped (from Extrememarin'es spreadsheet and also checking their website).

Derbycycles.com has it for $249 shipped (from Extrememarin'es spreadsheet and also checking their website).
Historically, derbycycles.NET has had either slightly better prices and/or free shipping (it's the same company...don't know why the two websites, and why the discrepancies)

The best lead on any tire prices is the spreadsheet that is maintained here by ExtremeMarine over on the other forum.

And here is a direct link to his spreadsheet.

Wayne keeps it updated on a regular basis, which is a great service to the entire FJR community.

I looked and was able to easily see that the PR2 rear tire that I wanted was the cheapest right now at Jake Wilson.

BAM! Done! Saved some bucks! :yahoo:

Thanks Fred. I will start a thread here like what's cooking on the other forum so people can post up tire deals.

The best lead on any tire prices is the spreadsheet that is maintained here by ExtremeMarine over on the other forum.

And here is a direct link to his spreadsheet.

Wayne keeps it updated on a regular basis, which is a great service to the entire FJR community.

I looked and was able to easily see that the PR2 rear tire that I wanted was the cheapest right now at Jake Wilson.

BAM! Done! Saved some bucks! :yahoo: