Predictions for 2008

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SUNNY

Reaction score
What do FJR owners predict the changes if any for the 2008 model? And what would you guys like to see. Realistically please. Thanks.

I foresee a color change and that's about it. Maybe some small tweaking of existing stuff...perhaps something with the throttle/TPS. I don't foresee another major changes until 2010 or 2011 as they just made a major change in 2006.

I'd like to see a Search button installed that points to other threads that have previously discussed this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
I foresee people wondering what the 09's will be like! :)

The only gripes I hear about with the 06's are the throttle change from 05. I see the potential for them to correct or modify this. Other than that, color is the most likely change.

[SIZE=12pt]This being my first FJR (FJR1300AE), my suggestions are:[/SIZE]

1. Not only be able to adjust the handle bars forward and back but to either redesign them so they are height adjustable (like an BMW K1200GT) or offer different height bars to bolt on. Say, have a Super Sport size (short >MM shorter that current size), Touring (medium < MM longer than current) and Maxi Touring (MM longer than current).

2. A selection of seats - Gel seats would be nice and offer a heated seat options as well.

3. Helmet locks

4. Integrated intercom/communication system which would include CB/GRMS two radio, AM/FM, Weather band, XM or Sirrus AND GPS (OK, I have been looking at GoldWings too much, but hey...come on, the FJR is a touring bike after all)

5. Better quality and more useful tool kit. Throw in a tire plug and CO2 filler and a Real Life what bikers need First Aid kit.

6. THE ABILITY TO ORDER THE ACCESSORIES PARTS THAT THE EUROPEANS CAN GET, like the foot shields and mirror shields.

Other than that, I find my FJR1300AE to be near perfect!

Violione