Premier Cycle Back Rest RECALL

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLHX

Reaction score
I just checked my email and I received a notice that Premier Cycle accessories is recalling all back rests. They said the combo back rest/rack has had cracks found and as yet there have been no problems with the stand alone back rest (the one I have) but they want them all mailed back and they will modify at no charge and mail back to me....Anybody else get this ? They said none have failed to this date but in testing they have found some cracks that could lead to failure in the future.

I just checked my email and I received a notice that Premier Cycle accessories is recalling all back rests. They said the combo back rest/rack has had cracks found and as yet there have been no problems with the stand alone back rest (the one I have) but they want them all mailed back and they will modify at no charge and mail back to me....Anybody else get this ? They said none have failed to this date but in testing they have found some cracks that could lead to failure in the future.

Received same email, and plan to return mine today or Monday. I have not experienced any problems, but does not hurt to be cautious.