Prices for leftover '07 models?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

Reaction score
Hey all, just joined the site after lurking for awhile. Was at the local dealer this week and they had 2 2007 FJR's left. An A, and the AE. The salesman said they could go under $13,000 for the FJR1300A. (They had $13,899 on the AE) What would be a good price to offer seeing as how it's almost time for the 2009's to come out. I live in Central Texas and this is mainly cruiser country so I don't think they get many people looking at the FJR's. As a matter of fact the showroom was full of Star cruisers and only one of the FJR's was on the floor. The other was in the back. Thanks for any suggestions.

PS, Looking at the "A" model...

D&H sold brand new current year 'A' model FJRs for $11,700 plus tax & title, with none of that bullshit setup, documentation or any other crap that ''stealers' like to add in for fun either.

The bike is now essentially a year old, being a leftover. So it should be worth . . . *less* than what it sold for last year, since you can get a brand new '08 for $11,900.

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted not long ago that a dealer here in Charlotte had two 07s (A not AE) on the showroom for about $11600. I believe the black cherry has not been as popular as the black for 08. Gerald at D & H said that is the reason they don't offer more colors in the USA since dealers don't like getting stuck with a color that doesn't sell as well as another color. With the FJR and ST1300 only one color reduces that somewhat.

doctorj

Hey all, just joined the site after lurking for awhile. Was at the local dealer this week and they had 2 2007 FJR's left. An A, and the AE. The salesman said they could go under $13,000 for the FJR1300A. (They had $13,899 on the AE) What would be a good price to offer seeing as how it's almost time for the 2009's to come out. I live in Central Texas and this is mainly cruiser country so I don't think they get many people looking at the FJR's. As a matter of fact the showroom was full of Star cruisers and only one of the FJR's was on the floor. The other was in the back. Thanks for any suggestions. PS, Looking at the "A" model...
I was offered a 07 A model by a dealer in Louisville for 11,400 this spring. I ended up buying an 08 for 11,990 from them.

Purchased mine as a leftover in April for 11,999.00

Should be less by now. If you can find one.

Hey all, just joined the site after lurking for awhile. Was at the local dealer this week and they had 2 2007 FJR's left. An A, and the AE. The salesman said they could go under $13,000 for the FJR1300A. (They had $13,899 on the AE) What would be a good price to offer seeing as how it's almost time for the 2009's to come out. I live in Central Texas and this is mainly cruiser country so I don't think they get many people looking at the FJR's. As a matter of fact the showroom was full of Star cruisers and only one of the FJR's was on the floor. The other was in the back. Thanks for any suggestions. PS, Looking at the "A" model...
Who is the local dealer? Woods? I laughed at them about 15 months ago, when they were quoting me nothing off on an '07 A. I bought mine for $11,800, 15 months ago.

I was offered a 07 A model by a dealer in Louisville for 11,400 this spring. I ended up buying an 08 for 11,990 from them.

Really?!? :blink: Was that the Yamaha place off English Station in East Louisville? Just bought my '08 from there with an out the door price of $13500.

Really?!? :blink: Was that the Yamaha place off English Station in East Louisville? Just bought my '08 from there with an out the door price of $13500.
Yes thats the one but the $11,999 (typo above) did not include KY sales tax or the license fee. It did include everything else. I bought my last 05 FJR from an out of town dealer (Honda East in Toledo) and I was not going to pay more at home than they would sell me an 08 for. Stand you're ground or be prepared to travel to get better pricing. The 11,400 they offered me an 07-A for last spring did not include sales taxes or the license fee either. Thats as good a price as I could get from D&H and he didn't have any 08 FJR's at the time.

Who is the local dealer? Woods? I laughed at them about 15 months ago, when they were quoting me nothing off on an '07 A. I bought mine for $11,800, 15 months ago.
No, it's the dealer in Waco. They sell a lot of ATV's and boats and the salesman I spoke with didn't really know much about the FJR. He wasn't even sure if the ABS was standard, or how to open the little fairing storage pocket. Maybe I can use this to my negotiating advantage. Got the OK today from the CFO (wife) to purchase if the price is right. Now I just need to figure out what to do with my Superglide...

Amazing how prices vary. I was in a dealership in Marionville, MO yesterday...and they wanted $14,400 for a black 08.