Problem with aftermarket foot pegs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ock913

Reaction score
I ordered a set of aftermarket foot pegs, front and rear, from Oberon Engineering in the UK. They are really sweet, available in 8 anodized colors, and the build quality is superb...... plus the price is pretty good considering shipping from the UK. ................. Now on to the negative.

The front pegs are perfect, no problems at all.

The rear though ..... I am not as happy. If you have ever removed the rear pegs, there is a small spring and ball bearing that makes for the click and indention feeling when you fold the peg up and down. The spring forces the ball bearing into a hole in another small washer like piece of metal. For mounting, Oberon supplies a new (smaller diameter) bolt and the inner sleeve/spacer that the bolt slides through. Because it is a smaller diameter, it does not fill the hole in the metal washer like piece with the indentions. This "play" allows the washer like piece the freedom to move and therefore interferes with the rear pegs clicking into place when you fold them up and down.

Now if no one else has bought these pegs, then you probably can't relate to my problem. But if anyone has, then let me know if you any helpful suggestions. I have emailed Oberon about 6 times in the last few days but they keep getting returned saying the mailbox is full.

Here is a link to the pegs ..... Oberon FJR Pegs

Last edited by a moderator:
Worst case scenario you could get a washer of the approprate thickness, inner and outer diamter, notch and spot drill it in the approprate place, and voila!

+1

I am going to try a set of these in the driver location...

kury1jx.th.jpg

Hey MN,

I have a set of those on my Kaw. Meanstreak and have found them very comfortable. Let us know what brackets you need to mount them on an FJR and how they work out.

Bill