Problem with BikeTek Center Stand Dolly/Mover

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SullyCuse

Reaction score
Hi all.

I just go the BikeTek Center stand dolly/mover tonight, and I can't get my bike up onto the center stand with it. The BikeTek is VERY similar to the Park-n-Move.

Does anyone have an suggestions on how to get the bike up on the center stand w/ the dolly? The dolly is 25cm or about 1" off the ground, so I am sure that is why I am having such a hard time. It is a REAL nice unit and want to use it, but again, need some suggestions.

Thanks

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, the videos of the bikes they use make it look real easy. I was hoping someone w/ an FJR had one and had some specific info for the FJR. I think part of the reason is the foot extension is not very long, so you don't get a lot of leverage.

Thanks again Wlfman..

Park your bike on a chunk of 2x4 under the rear wheel. That 2 inch lift in the back should give you enough extra to "oomph" your bike up on the dolly with the centrstand.

Except use a piece of 2x6 if you have that. Just makes it easier to keep the bike balanced.

When I take my wheels off, I put pieces of 2x4 under my stand tangs. I have to use the 2x6 method to make up foe the reduced clearance.

Thank you all for your suggestions. Finally got down to Home Depot today and picked up a 2x8. Once I got the back tire up on that, the bike popped right up on the BikeTek. Thanks again, everyone.

That dolly puts the centerstand at a point where it takes just a lttle bit of the leverage away from it. I use a piece of 3/4" plywood under my center stand when I change the rear tire - I run into the same problem with trying to get the bike up on the centerstand. My fix is having my son lift on the other side of the bike...

Latest posts