Problems mounting seats with Givi rack on GenII?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric L

Not that kind of a doctor
Reaction score
Noticed in the 'for sale' board a member mentioning that a saddle didn't fit along with the Givi rack for the FJR1300 genII. Is this more common than this one-off problem?

Might have been an aftermarket seat, don't know the specifics. Givi can't account for that in their design.

For HeUeR, on the GenII it's the passenger seat that locks, and which has to come off first, which makes a difference in the aftermarket world.

I have the Givi rack on a Gen II. My passenger seat has even been recovered by Russell Seats making it a little bulkier than stock (no...the passenger seat did not get the "day long" treatment... just a recover). No problems with fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the aftermarket seat makers add "wings" to widen the saddle for the passenger, I could see how

that this could possibly interfere with the Givi mount.

The stock seat fits just fine with the Givi mount.

I can tell you a Russell passenger seat (with wings) and the topbox rack from Premier Cycle Accessories fitted for a Givi along with a Givi E55 for just fine in all mounting options.