Projects

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgrhodes1

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm getting ready for my winter projects. I have an 08 A and I'm going to install the Audiovox CCS-100. Now, from what I have read the only difference between the Gen 1 and 2 installation is "for 2nd generation bike the DIP switch 7 OFF" is that correct???

While I have the tank off I'm also going to:

1) release the throttle return spring

2) fix the auto windshield retract switch

Now need advise. Is there anything else I'll want to do while I have her apart????

Thanks,

Penny

Wow, that's a leading question! I guess you might want to add a fuse block and relay for powering all your accessories, add heat-trollers for your heated grips and heated clothing, hook up your PCIII, install your AutoComm, cruise control, install your Zumo 500 GPS, maybe your air horn(s), etc. Anyone else got things to add???

Have fun!

Check yer drive shaft spline fer grease, lube all them pivot points, new fork oil and seals, new rear shock, . . . .

Hmm, le'see. . . . Reckon that's 'bout it!

Heh! All these guys have to park for the winter, and then they take the bikes apart for "maintenance."

Ha! Move south and RIDE!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,
I'm getting ready for my winter projects. I have an 08 A and I'm going to install the Audiovox CCS-100. Now, from what I have read the only difference between the Gen 1 and 2 installation is "for 2nd generation bike the DIP switch 7 OFF" is that correct???

While I have the tank off I'm also going to:

1) release the throttle return spring

2) fix the auto windshield retract switch

Now need advise. Is there anything else I'll want to do while I have her apart????

Thanks,

Penny

I presume you already have frame siders, right?

While your messing with the throttle area the G2 throttle tube can help.

And since you're going on the throttle tube, might as well get some different grips, I like the old style BMW grips. But, to each his own.

And since you're putting on new grips, might as well install grip warmers.

And since you're going to put grip warmers, might as well.......

I could do this all night, but it would get in the way of my cocktailing....... :p

Not Penny, but Hamilton, MT is about 48 or 50 mles south of Missoula on US 93. Nice country in which to ride!

It's also just a few miles south of where US 12 (Lolo Pass) comes into MT from over in the Grangeville, ID area... REALLY nice riding!

Both those areas are on my "Short List" for next Spring rides out from Spokane.

Don

Not Penny, but Hamilton, MT is about 48 or 50 mles south of Missoula on US 93. Nice country in which to ride!
It's also just a few miles south of where US 12 (Lolo Pass) comes into MT from over in the Grangeville, ID area... REALLY nice riding!

Don
Yes! I'm 48 miles from Missoula. Riding is awsome no matter which direction you decide to go. That is why I don't go south... :)

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. Looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me!!

Penny

Don
Yes! I'm 48 miles from Missoula. Riding is awsome no matter which direction you decide to go. That is why I don't go south... :)

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. Looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me!!

Penny

I agree that is a beautiful area.

I was in Bozeman today for a few minutes, looks to be real low on snow for this time of year?

Don

Penny

I agree that is a beautiful area.

I was in Bozeman today for a few minutes, looks to be real low on snow for this time of year?
We are very low on snow at the moment even in the mountains. I snowmobile and my first ride of the year is always Xmas day. Don't think am going to be able to make it this year.... :(

Last edited by a moderator: