Proposed air wings - a question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRMGM

FJRMGM
Reaction score
looking at the way the pre-06 air wings mount I'm wondering if that might not put too much stress on the fairing at that point and cause cracking around the mirror mount?

Would hate to see all you guys mount these things then in six months have issues with stress cracks.

Hasn't been any long term riding done with this "fix" has there?

Just wondering.

The mirrors on the FJR do NOT mount to the fairing. They mount to a fairly hefty bracket behind the fairing plastic. There is no load on the plastic. The fairing simply rides between the mirror and the mirror mount.

My wings have been in place for over 6,000 miles and they have caused no problems…only cool, comfortable air flowing in all the right places… :D

And....WHABAM....winter sets in. If you aren't going to use those in the winter time, mn....I'll take them off your hands.

They help in the cold too, turned in they move air away from the sides, effectively widening the fairing area, and blocking air that would normally be hitting the grip area of the bars.

Last edited by a moderator: