Protective clothing for all year riding

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesonicboom

Reaction score
I would like to share some protective undergarment clothing that I use. It is called TPRO forcefield armor. It is the lightest, most flexible and comfortable CE armor I have seen. It is made out of coolmax material for the actual garment and the padding is a polymer rubber compound that is reusable if crashed on. I have worn this in 118 degree weather and it is tolerable. Kinda acts as a moisture barrier when you sweat on in. It is super thin and very flexible. Here are some picts. The first one is the shirt which has chest, shoulders, and elbow protection.
0529070855a.jpg

The next one is the pants which have hip, thigh, knee, shin, buttock and coccyx protection.

0529070900a.jpg

The next picture is a close up of the armour which shows the waffle type pattern which allows the energy from an impact to disperse quickly.
0529070900b.jpg

The final picture shows how thick the armor is.

0529070902a.jpg

The US vendor is Johnson Leather Click on products/TPRO/undergarments. The armor I have shown is the 2 ply. They also have a 4 ply armorflex but it is too rigid and uncomfortable.

Looks interesting. I am going back and forth between the Tpro and Joe Rocket Alter Ego Pants.

The thing I like about the alter ego pants is you can wear them as over pants or as your pants.

When you wore these in 118 degree weather, were you wearing jeans over them, or some sort of light synthetic material?

Also, the ones I see on the website look different at the knees? Is this a new model or something?

pant.jpg

Looks interesting. I am going back and forth between the Tpro and Joe Rocket Alter Ego Pants.
The thing I like about the alter ego pants is you can wear them as over pants or as your pants.

When you wore these in 118 degree weather, were you wearing jeans over them, or some sort of light synthetic material?

Also, the ones I see on the website look different at the knees? Is this a new model or something?

pant.jpg
They are the same, I just had the armor out of the knees. I wore the pants under 100%wool pants.

I'm looking at the TPRO and the Bohn Body Armor.
advpants.jpg
IMAGE3_coolairepantsweb1.jpg
As for the bohn, two things:

First, they dont look very sturdy, I mean the material looks like it would tear easy. Second its like wearing a womans hosiery, might cost you ur man card. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking at the TPRO and the Bohn Body Armor.
advpants.jpg
IMAGE3_coolairepantsweb1.jpg

First, they dont look very sturdy, I mean the material looks like it would tear easy. Second its like wearing a womans hosiery, might cost you ur man card. :blink:
Dunno. I kinda like the look. Begs the question: would you give up your manliness to be safe in a crash? :D

Plus, women's hosiery coupled with those thick knee pads- THIS could be the winning look at the WFO banquet this year.

All that's missing is the tiara.

Jim/jonesin'

I've read a review that claims the mesh can snag and tear. Claimes as long as you're careful putting it on it's fine though.

As for the manliness of it, I think it will go fine with my satin thong underwear. :p

Well, I guess I should let the cat out of the bag and let you guys know that one of the products I'll be offering on my new website, will be the entire T-Pro line of protective clothing and armor. In case you didn't know, Johnson Leather is the US importer of the UK based T-Pro company's products.

I've been using it myself now for quite a while and it is IMO one of the best (if not the best) product lines available for rider safety.

Coming soon to www.skywaymotorcycleaccessories.com

As gurly as it looks, it also looks like what I have been looking for as a solution for wearing underneath dockers and a button-front shirt. I can look "buff" at work without stinking up the place with undergear sweat. :)

Please keep me posted.

This is why I love this forum, there are people like me.....smart a$$es. :derisive: I think I misunderstood the Bohn site, I thought you wore it as an outerlayer.... Geez do I feel dumb. And yes, I think it will go very well with my pink thong, or I think it will actually accentuate certain parts of me. :devil: Does anyone know if the BOHN is CE? Back to the TPRO, it is made out of several DUPONT materials that help with abrasion resistance, heat and sweat wicking, etc. Ah, well Point is, they are a great addition for comfortable protection. I have a full set of leathers, but I don't even think about wearing them in the summer here in PHX,AZ. Very comfortable CE crash protection that makes me look sexy taboot.

Latest posts