Q about Race Tech shock reservoirs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVTNate

Reaction score
So I've got a PCV and a dyno tune done, and now it's time to button up the suspension.

My 270 pound body is just too much for the OEM suspension. I can firm things up for corners, but then the ride is poor on rough roads. It still seems to wallow in corners, especially now that my fueling is squared away and I'm not so focused on the abruptness of small throttle inputs and more on the suspension.

I'll be running RaceTech springs and gold valves up front, and a RaceTech shock. My question is this - No reservoir, remote reservoir, or piggyback reservoir? I haven't priced this stuff yet, so I have no idea what the differences in cost may be. I'm just a guy who enjoys flogging the bike on twisty roads once a week or so, and will never have my FJR on a track. I want to improve handling a bit while improving comfort, but I don't want to pay for something that's going to be overkill for my purposes.

With a remote reservoir, is that something that's easily mounted to the FJR, or would they have to cut/drill to mount it? I'm not sure I want to do that.

Should be easy to mount a remote resevoir - it might have a bracket.. Race Tech had a booth at Americade and I saw a shock with two remote resevoirs-all their stuff looks top shelf..