Question for 2 piece Stich owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colonel Panic

Reaction score
Just got both pieces and testing the on/off options. The new pants have belt loops so they can now be worn over shorts and will stay up without the jacket during a rest stop. The problem comes when I try to zip the jacket back to the pants while still wearing the pants. Anybody figured out how to do this?

You've just found out the reason why I use Darien pants with my Roadcrafter jacket. But I do know somebody that uses the 2-piece Roadcrafter like yours and he seems to be able to zip and unzip without a problem. But darned if I know how he does it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I had belt loops. Mine have the suspender option so I am asked about a fire. I guess the Hi Vis jacket completes the Firefighter look. :D

This is why I love the 1-piece - 15 seconds to get down to shorts and a t-shirt when stopped. And also one of the two reasons I am resisting a mesh jacket/pants combo.

Wish I had belt loops. Mine have the suspender option so I am asked about a fire. I guess the Hi Vis jacket completes the Firefighter look. :D
When I ordered my pants I had to have them modified. While discussing the mods with a nice lady she said that they had just added the belt loops to the Roadcrafter pants. Boy am I glad they did because 44 short fit great if I was wearing only running shorts but when I put on pants the thighs were too tight. I have ridden bicycles for years so my big thighs and small calves give me a bad case of chicken leg. :blink: Anyway I ended up with 46s cut to 44s inseams which make the waist too big so it is either a belt or the suspenders thing for me. On the up side, I can drink a lot of beer without worrying about new riding pants. :yahoo:

BTW these belts work great with the pants. Spec-ops belts

You might give them a call to see if they will add them to your pants.

in the mean time I'll get out my Houdini books and see if I can find any hints in there. :rolleyes: