Question for 905 racing guard crowd

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwhd

Reaction score
I just picked up a used set of 905 bars from a forum member. Love 'em! However, he never received the plastic end caps for the top mounts. Can someone please describe them in more detail so I can look for a substitute? What size are they? How do they secure to the bar, etc.?

TIA.

I just picked up a used set of 905 bars from a forum member. Love 'em! However, he never received the plastic end caps for the top mounts. Can someone please describe them in more detail so I can look for a substitute? What size are they? How do they secure to the bar, etc.?
TIA.
They are 1" ID tubes, so any 1" decorative plug would work. I never received any either, so I suspect they've deleted them They did not answer the question when I asked either. They did say they had not developed a slider for these yet, so I did my own.

I actually had a set of sliders made from Delrin, 1" OD about 2" long, and a larger 2" diameter about 75 mm long. I had a 3/8 through hole, and used a 4" bolt. On the inside end I had some 1" OD rubber bushing, and put a flanged lock toothed washer on the end of the bolt. This snugged up like a bar end weight, squeezed the rubber a bit to expand it and it holds them in just fine. They double as highway pegs. I put 1/8 grooves in to almost match my rear sliders from Belgium. Then I put 2" O-rings in the grooves, and that makes them no-slip. I painted them first with Krylon Fusion for plastic after cleaning them with alcohol really well.

As highway pegs, they are a little high, not ideal. I checked with plywood against the wheels, and the footpegs hit first, then the bottom of the crash bars, then my sliders and the Belgium sliders.... provided the wheels stay on the ground. I figure it will give some extra crash protection.