Questions about muffler interchangeability between 05 & 06 model year

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shokdimn

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Staintune slip-on exhaust mufflers are interchangeable between the 05 and 06 model year FJR w/o modifications? Tried emailing Staintune, hasn’t worked out yet. I couldn’t find anything on their website indicating the slip-ons were model year specific. I remembered Turbodave transferred a set of Two Brothers from his 05 to his 06.

But the Staintunes bolt directly to the bike. They don’t have retaining bands like many of the other slip-ons.

I’m wondering if the muffler’s mounting bolt location has changed on the 06 since Yamaha changed the location and mount of the passenger pegs?

Thanks,

shokdimn :bike:

I think somebody posted that Turbo Dave switched his over to the new one. Maybe he will let us know.

It is reported that the Holeshots interchange, so.............
I know. It stands to reason the Staintunes would switch over too. Just want to verify it before making a commitment.

The key thing is, Staintunes have a fixed location for the retaining bolt. From what I’ve seen of the other brands they use a retaining band, bolted to the bike, that allows some adjustment along the length of the can.

Do ya remember who it was that switched over the Holeshots?

====================================================================

Disregard. Just got my answer from Staintune. They said, “they are interchangeable with no mod’s required”. My mistake on the emails. They answered promptly on this one that got thru.

Last edited by a moderator: