Quick-Disconnect Plug/socket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJ609Eagle

Reaction score
I'm in getting ready to add some brake/turn lights to my saddle bags.

Can anyone recommend a good quick-disconnect plug that can run at least 3 but preferrably 6 wires?

The Current LEDs have a red/yellow/black it's 30 LEDs per strip, with Red and Yellow on same strip. These are going on the back of the saddle bags. I plan to replace the reflectors in the future with something similar, but they will be Run/Turn

Walmart have a bunch of different trailer hitch connectors

These are all pretty rugged SAE type connectors, I saw at least one 6 wire connector last time I looked.

Chris

5-pin Mini-DIN plug used for PS2 keyboard connectors is commonly available. Lots of comm systems use the same.

$10 PS2 keyboard extension cable cut in half, gives you both male & female with small gauge (24 awg??) wires.

Just a thought...

Trailer connectors are a good idea, but you have to remember to disconnect them when you remove the bags or you'll yank out the wires. I'd look for something that slides apart easier. I know I'd forget because I have lights in my tail bag and I never remember to disconnect the wires when I take the box off. My lights came with a circuit board style connector with the catch removed so it slides apart easily.

5-pin Mini-DIN plug used for PS2 keyboard connectors is commonly available. Lots of comm systems use the same.
$10 PS2 keyboard extension cable cut in half, gives you both male & female with small gauge (24 awg??) wires.

Just a thought...
This is exactly why i posted here. Great Idea, didn't think of using an extension cable

I've used these before and they work great for weather proof applications.
https://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Produc...M-MT/sm-mt.html
Holy crap. Those are SV-650 OEM connectors, especially the "3 Position .090 Waterproof MT Connector" and "4 Position .090 Waterproof MT Connector". I've been looking for those for years. And he's got an ass-kicking "handlebar switches" page too.

Dude. :drinks: THANK YOU.

Holy crap! Those are oem connectors for most japanese vehicles! You better believe I'm book marking that one! I feel like it's my birthday! :lol: Thanks for the link Scarman!

Molex......lots of connectors of all kinds
This is where I ended up. Got molex 6-pin connectors from the Shack. Brake/turn lights are mounted and getting wired up tonight. Going to hold off on teh disconnect until i replace teh reflectors.

Any suggestions on LED replacemetns for the bag reflectors?