Quick question about forks....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rexford

Reaction score
I just had some risers installed and when I got home I noticed that the fork tubes no longer stick out above the triple trees......they are now flush. Is this okay? Looks like they loosened the pinch bolts when they removed the plate with the wiring basket and put in the new bolts for the risers (Gen-Mar) as per the installation notes. Just wondering if every thing is fine.

Thanks,

Rexford

PS....really loving this bike and with the risers on, my lower back (3 back surgeries) is a lot more relaxed while riding.....!

I shouldn't be an issue as long as both forks are at the SAME level in tree. I'd make sure they tightened everything good though...

According to the service manual the top of the fork tube should be flush with the top bracket not including the cap. How are yours?
I thank you all for the help... I bought my bike used and did not get a service manual. Will be next on the list of must haves. Mine are now flush! I did check and make sure that the pinch bolts are tight (that is how I noticed the difference.).

Rexford

Some (short) people move them up a bit to lower the front end. Flush is correct for factory spec.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure of the torque requirement on Gen II. You should have some tell it to you and make sure all are correct to the design requirements.