Quiet aftermarket exhaust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim oneill

triplex
Reaction score
I'm interested in buying aftermarket exhaust to replace the stock. I'm looking for something that looks good but sounds as quiet as the stock exhaust. Is there anything out there ?

"quiet as stock" might be a problem. But "nearly quiet as stock" is within reach. Get your ear buds out and look at several websites, listen to some sound clips. Vance & Hines, Two Brothers, Yoshimura, Akrapovic, there's several to choose from. I don't think any are as fully quiet as the stockers. But these look better (subjective) and are lighter (for sure).

No such thing that I know of. Stock are not "flow through." Pretty sure all aftermarkets are. Why don't you like your stockers?

Gary

darksider #44

I've got a set of 2 Brothers with the silencers in them. They are by no means as quiet as stock but they are not too loud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paint the oem's flat black and you're done.
smile.png

Delkevic makes a nice slip-on with (removable) baffles initially installed at a low price.

Z's dad is on the money. The stockers look good. However, I like the GenIII pipes more. Maybe find someone with a GenIII that put on pipes and is willing to sell. Either that or just polish yours up and call it a day.

I have the Leo Vince in carbon.... they look great and come with removable baffles.....

I prefer the louder pipes and the sound from them with the baffles removed.... A deeper growl if you will...

With the baffles in right after mounting I thought - well that is hardly any different then stock, why the hell did I spend the money ?!?!

They might be right what your looking for, can't offer up a sound clip for ya though, sorry.... I tossed the stainless baffles right off.

I went with the Leo Vince's. Lost about 11 pounds in the process. Picked up 1 peak horsepower and cured a 4 pound drop in the torque curve around 5000 RPM. In normal around town riding maybe 3 or 4 percent louder than stock. But when you twist the happy handle it develops a real attitude.

If you mention to LV USA that you're a forum member they'll give you a hell of a deal. In the alternative, I can make you a good deal on a pair of Gen III cans.

If you want something as quiet as your stock mufflers and apparently willing to spend $$'s to get them, I must know what it is you are looking for? If you buy after market mufflers you will have those damn ugly straps to mount them. What is it about the stock mufflers that turn you off??

I had a set of the LV's as well - came on the bike when I bought it. With the baffles in, the sound was maybe slightly more than stock. After 40,000 miles or so, they started to get louder. They needed a repack and it was easier to just put the OEM back on. Still have them and might get around to repacking them someday.

Depends on the $$ you want to spend as well. Remus Hexicones fit the bill with the inserts in and only a few db more without the inserts. No ugly strap, lifetime packing, sound and look nice but $1300 new. I do not think there are many, if any, that are pretty much stock db output.

Still haven't heard what the OP's goals are in replacement.

Is it to:

Replace a scratched / dented pair of stock pipes?

Improve your top end horsepower?

Reduce weight a few pounds?

Change the bike's appearance?

Different answers depending on what he hopes to achieve.