R&G Bike Post From Bikejohnny

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky3008

Finally got my collarbone fixed!!!
Reaction score
The template works pretty well to get you started and the instructions even mention that the template on the right side is off a few mm to the rear so I went ahead and started my first drill point about 2 mm forward which after drilling moved again about 2 more. I had a 24mm step drill bit and the hole needs to be 25.

I had to use regular drill bits for a while to get a big enough hole for the step bit to start as the first one is 14mm on mine.

I stopped after each 2 mm increase to check the hole and had to go down just a bit. I had the bike up on the center stand so the drill would go straight in. After the bit went to 24mm I then moved it around a bit to try and increase the hole a bit but in the end used 80 grit sand paper to gradually increase the hole. Then I cleaned it up with 150.

I used anti-seize and tightened to 36ftlb's but I don't think the bolt was torqued properly as getting it loose with my 10mm allen took almost no effort. Without anti-seize I think it is near 50ftlbs and I barely pushed at all.

I really like the looks of the R&G and with a little time and patience is a very easy job.