R1 exhaust on an FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyronealfonso

Reaction score
... A friend of a friend is going full exhaust on his '06 R1 and is selling his Two Brother's CF slip ons. I know I would have to scroung some brackets but besides that, does anyone know if these will slip on to my '08?

Thanks in advance.

i too am curious.

Is an exhaust can just a can? Does it really matter as long as the pipe fits? (thats what she said)

Seriously, i can find slip on cans all day long on Craigslist for 25-50 bucks off of wrecked/sold bikes. But would they fit? Do all cans use a universal size openinng? Is this a stupid question to ask?

I know im not the first person to ponder this. I could care less about the (often inflated) performance increase over the stock cans, i just want a little more growl.

edit.... after reading through a few threads, i can see this isnt going to get any replies. Apparently everyone who likes a little growl in their bikes is either a moron or a "jughead". Apparently this message board is populated with old women.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well If It fits use it... Can't see where it's gonna hurt anything.

An dangerdog.. , ya didn't read the rules didja.. pic isn't cool

Ah well I got to see afore it and you left ;) 'cause I've a feelin you've something to do with the rash of crap that landed earlier ain't ya

:jester:

i dont understand what your talking about but someone pmed me a minute ago about something like this. Only, they only pointed me to some nebulous looking rules and didnt tell me what i did wrong

I have nothing to do with any rash of crap i assure you

if its my sig ill take it down

wtf? Boxing that much of a sin around here?

Go easy on him guys... I asked him to remove it, And he did. :)
Thanks
thanx dangerdog :yahoo:

stick with it; it's DPF (dogpile Fri)

tomorrow should get better

I too hope there's some good advice on slip ons from other bikes

I'd love to change mine on a very low budget

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

lol i post at a couple other forums for boxing and cars, i know how things work on a message board

I didnt think the sig would be any problem being that it wasnt very big and didnt have anything nsfw in it. but i digress.

I was just thinking this becuase of the huge excess of aftermarket cans out there being sold for 25 bucks or slightly more on craigslist. I know there is a slight performance gain, but i mainly just want a little more sound.

I know some guys like theirs quiet, the old lady comment was just a joke to see if anyone got riled up. I just want a bit of rumble. Not the blaring annoyance of a gixxer six with all the packing from the exhaust removed.

The FJR is going to be alot quieter regardless of which pipe you use. The FJR's 10.5k limit, As opposed to the 16k on a GSX-R really tame down the exhaust note.

I run the Muzzy 4-2-1 system, And it's the perfect sound level for my taste. Not too loud, But definitely audible! :)

And if you think nobody here is interested in exhaust on the FJR, you haven't looked around very much. Of the tope of my head I can think of 8 or 9 slip-ons, and at least three full exhaust sets. Mine came with Dale Walker Hole Shots installed by the previous owner. Nice sound, deeper burble than stock, let out a scream at the top, but not so much that every cop for 7 miles is gonna think they have to track it down. Also visually very unobtrusive, not an obvious aftermarket can.

No clue as to R1 cans fitting our bike, though.

DD,

If there are cans out there for $25, why don't you just buy some and try it out? (I'm serious...I don't surf CraigsList, so I have no idea what's available) Hell, maybe I will do it, but I've gotta spring for a PCIII before I lean this thing out any more.

DD,
If there are cans out there for $25, why don't you just buy some and try it out? (I'm serious...I don't surf CraigsList, so I have no idea what's available) Hell, maybe I will do it, but I've gotta spring for a PCIII before I lean this thing out any more.

im with you. Monday when i get off work (everythings closed today) im going to take off the stock cans, take them to a shop near my house and compare the openings to see how close it is. Id rather do that than have extra exhausts laying around my small ass apartment.

Im sure there will be something that wont match up, but......... how much different could they be? Its a freaking exhaust can. Couple metal cylinders and some fiberglass packing. Im sure i can find something close for cheap.

... A friend of a friend is going full exhaust on his '06 R1 and is selling his Two Brother's CF slip ons. I know I would have to scroung some brackets but besides that, does anyone know if these will slip on to my '08?
You should ask bogie (forum member), as he is the resident R1 aficionado. He's slowy turning his into one big piece of carbon fiber <_<

If you find something that is slightly smaller you could expant it, or have it expanded at a muffler shop.

Also, the stock mufflers are installed with a gasket between the muffler and pipe, so you can remove that gasket and get a little more clearance.

And, of course, there's always the old soup can and muffler clamps to make things fit together. :eek: