R1 Shifter Arm- Just Do It!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EastTNFJR

Reaction score
This thing is great! I have not spent so little and had so much improved feel and decreased effort in my shifting! Excellent and would highly recommend it to anyone who is even remotely thinking about it. Best cost/improvement ratio farkle I've done yet. And by the way my drive shaft splines as they go into the trans were dry as a bone with my first tire change...check those things fellers!

John

ok how about a link to some old threds stating why its so great and maby the best place to get one of the super falrks??

if it works im in!!!

I put on the R-1 shifter last year, honestly, I could not tell any differance. Maybe it's my big feet.....

ZZZZZ

As and alternative you can use the stock shifter lever and dirll a hole closer to the pivot point. A small spacer has to be made and a slightly longer allen bolt is required--it works great. Cost----$.40 for the bolt and no waiting for the R1 part.

From a different thread:

For even a shorter and stronger arm, look at this. It an arm off of a '98-'99 R1. I use it on my '04 R1. Takes alot of the sponginess out. Only dif is you have to use a longer bolt w/nut for the heim joint due to the arm not being threaded. Arm is much stronger! Stock '04 was bending under racing conditions.
Oh almost forgot, here's the p/n: 5EG-18112-00

levers.jpg
Has anybody used the older R-1 lever on an FJR? Does anybody have a picture of the FJR lever next to any R-1 lever?