Race Tech Front Fork Springs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trimmantom

Reaction score
I have a set of these springs to go on a fellow forum members bike.

They are comparable to the eibachs I just put on my bike.

Heres my question,the instructions call for cutting down the spacer. With the eibachs it came with smaller spacers and was pretty cut and dry.

Also there is no mention of the measured air space with these springs.

These guys are out of Corona,Ca. and I will call them later today when they open to ask those questions.

I figured somebody here has these and could lend a little insight.Thanks for any input.

I installed Race Tech springs on my 05 and did indeed have to cut the spacers. I didn't buy the springs specifically "for" the FJR - I got heavier, single rate springs that were longer and did not come with spacers. I cut the spacer with a small pipe cutting tool, and then sanded the cut with 400 or so grit sandpaper. You gotta be "gentle" with your cut so you don't push the metal inward and decrease the opening. And a piece of hard won experience, measuring twice and cutting once doesn't work when you measure wrong - twice!! Good luck.

Race Tech installed my Ohlins springs for me. No problems so far. I gave them my stock '05 spring so they could make an exact match to it for future customers. I'm sure they have come out with their own spring rates by now. Call them first. Then let me know too.