Radio setup Recommendation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mogan

Reaction score
1. I have an autocom pro-avi and love it. I also purchased a Kenwood GMRS radio a while back but haven't used it--haven't ridden with anyone that had a radio. The autocom works great for intercom, and Garmin 2730 (XM, MP3 and GPS).

My first question is this:

I have a new riding buddy thinking about getting a radio. He has a GPS but no other farkles and no need for intercom. If he gets a Kenwood, what's the best basic setup for him the gives him helmet speakers, mic, PTT, etc.?

Second,

If he opts for a CB setup instead, what's the best way for me to integrate a good CB with my autocom??

1. I have an autocom pro-avi and love it. I also purchased a Kenwood GMRS radio a while back but haven't used it--haven't ridden with anyone that had a radio. The autocom works great for intercom, and Garmin 2730 (XM, MP3 and GPS).

I have a new riding buddy thinking about getting a radio. He has a GPS but no other farkles and no need for intercom. If he gets a Kenwood, what's the best basic setup for him the gives him helmet speakers, mic, PTT, etc.?

Second,

If he opts for a CB setup instead, what's the best way for me to integrate a good CB with my autocom??
I would recommend that he purchases a GMRS radio - CB radios need large, unwieldy antennas....

Second,

I would recommend that he purchases a GMRS radio - CB radios need large, unwieldy antennas....
Soooo...

what would he need besides the radio????

No easy way to integrate a CB to Autocomm - nothing is made to interface one to the system....

Oy!!

Roger, that.