Rain Wear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newfie Bullet

Reaction score
Anyone out there have experience with or informed opinions regarding ICON's line of Foul Weather Gear. Specifically the PDX Waterproof Shell and Bibs, as well as the Accelerant Waterproof Boots.

I teach the the Safety Services Beginners Motorcycle course in Canada. We start our first course in April, and often have to contend with days of near freezing, rainy weather while performing on bike demos and off bike teaching and supervision. Good rain gear is essential.

Rain gear for me falls into 2 catagories. Rain gear that packs down and rain gear that does not pack down. If you want rain gear that packs down better than anything else on th market get Frogg Toggs. Pretty much all rain gear will keep you dry. Last thing to think about is how quickly can you get into it on the side of the road while you are riding? I personally wear gear that will work in the rain so I do not need to change.

If money was secondary then a REV'IT! Infinity One-Piece Suit or a Stitch Roadcrafter with heated gear under you would be a perfect set up.

Last edited by a moderator: