Raising Links and Supension

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Schnertzman

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals, just wondering if anyone here has used Soupy's Performance raising links. I'm trying to raise the back of the bike and can't seem find anything better in design. I've contacted them and we/they're trying to see if the link kit they have for the Busa might mate up. I'm of larger build and weight it seems than the design weight or the bike and am looking to raise the rear so I can use the full rise of the front springs and still maintin the sport handling characteristics.. Any thoughts?

MetisseTailLifterFJR.jpg

https://www.whaccessories.com/YamahaFJR1300accessories.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
RsvlFeej,

How much did they raise the bike?

Did this hurt your handling?

WW

I think I'm about 3/4" taller in back. Dropped the fork tubes in the triple tree as far as I felt was safe also. I think the best improvement will be when I finally get to Portland for my new suspension (must schedule soon) - hoping the new, properly sprung rear shock will pick me up a bit more.

Don't think my handling suffered at all. Although my center of gravity did move up, the extra clearance made such a big difference between grinding the pegs hard through the corners and the much lighter peg touches I have now that my overall cornering envelope improved. (I still scrape pegs pretty regularly, but I haven't broken any off since I installed the new dogbones).

After installing 'em, the biggest differences I remember were not being able to flat-foot when stopped and when paddling the bike to back into parking spaces and the rear tire not clearing the ground when on the center stand (until I lowered the fork tubes).

Rsvl

RsvlFeej,

Thanks! I scrape them too often and too soon also. Had been wondering about this setup.

WW

Latest posts