Ram base to replace reservoir lid.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRMH Eagle

Reaction score
After a long time searching I can't find the ram mount base that goes on the clutch/brake reservoir with the ball in the middle, and replaces the reservoir lid. Cyclegadgets does has a mount but the ball is on the side of the base and doesn't have a flush look. They have everything else needed to mount the radar detector on the reservoir. FYI - Gpscity.com also carries radar detector mounting plates.

Would like to nail down the parts order today. Helpful posts are welcome.... dogpile comments are expected. :rolleyes:

Center ball and offset ball. They also have the ball which fits the clutch-side mirror hole, M10 thread. I think I saw somewhere that AEs don't have that hole, but that doesn't affect the OP. Also, some older GenI bikes have a mirror hole on the throttle side, but it's left-hand thread, this ball doesn't fit that. They do have a plate with a ball that can be bolted anywhere. They say it's for a mirror they have, but it's a plate with a ball and a bolt hole. Doesn't get much simpler than that.

Went to ram-mount.com and searched for, um, reservoir cover. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a reservoir mount with Ram ball laying around you can have for the cost of shipping. Probably a few bucks. It does not have the ball in the middle but the price is right and it is brand new :D It was one of the extra mounts that came with my Zumo.

ttr230.jpg

Let me know if you want it

Edit: I do not have the longer screws for this plate it is the plate only.

The RAM ball (center or end type) does not replace the reservoir cover, it mounts over it. RAM includes a variety of screws and spacers for two and four-hole mounting. Their instructions say to use spacers but I don't know why and I simply placed the RAM mount on top of the res. cover and used two slightly longer screws. Five minutes, including time spent aiming the radar detector and locating it where it doesn't block the tachometer.

pete

I have a reservoir mount with Ram ball laying around you can have for the cost of shipping. Probably a few bucks. It does not have the ball in the middle but the price is right and it is brand new :D It was one of the extra mounts that came with my Zumo.

Let me know if you want it

Edit: I do not have the longer screws for this plate it is the plate only.
That's a very generous offer.

I just bought the RAM reservoir mount yesterday from "someone I shouldn't mention for I have been warned by a concerned, friendly member", along with a couple other mounts for my 2820 and 9500i. The Reservoir mount with ball was about $18 bucks!