Ram Mount Ball

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richouse

Reaction score
I am looking for a ram mount ball with a threaded stud Like This One that will screw into the hole on the left controls by the clutch res. I'm not sure what size it is so I'm not sure which one to buy. Has anyone else done this? or can guide me to the right one???

Thanks

I just bought one, and it works great. You should search for RAM-B-349U 1015 which is a 10 x 1.25 mm thread that fits in that space, and a 1-inch standard RAM ball.

I just bought one, and it works great. You should search for RAM-B-349U 1015 which is a 10 x 1.25 mm thread that fits in that space, and a 1-inch standard RAM ball.
Thanks, Where did you get it from???

It looks like it has a very short stud. Is there one that has a longer stud????

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking for a ram mount ball with a threaded stud Like This One that will screw into the hole on the left controls by the clutch res. I'm not sure what size it is so I'm not sure which one to buy. Has anyone else done this? or can guide me to the right one???

Thanks

I used this one. Offset ball

Plus a 10mm x 1.25 short bolt on the clutch reservoir.

Ross

The 349U is the part for the clutch mirror hole. I have my GPS there, and it survived a low-side to the left.

RAM-mountmirrorhole.jpg

Thanks, Where did you get it from???

It looks like it has a very short stud. Is there one that has a longer stud????
I bought mine from Spoiledbiker.com but you can find them many places. You don't want one with a longer threaded stud on the end, or it wouldn't be secure. I use a 3=inch RAM arm and mount a radar detector in that location on top of a camera mount. I just removed the stud and applied Velcro to hold it. If Iever want the camera in that position, I put the stud back in.

RAM-B-202A.jpg
. +
RAMB201md.jpg
+
ninjaram.jpg

Thanks for all the info. I will more than likely go with the one pictured above. The reason I wanted a longer stud is because I have This CC Bracket mounted there. What I want to do is just screw the Ram Ball stud into the threaded hole through the hole in the bracket and when the ball is tightened down it holds the bracket secure also. The metal in the bracket is not thick but the ball will not screw down all the way and I just wanted enough threads in the hole to hold it all secure. Do you guys think it is long enough for that????