RAM Mount Score at Amazon

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Ford

Reaction score
Anyone looking for RAM stuff, get on over to Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00361ET20/ref=oss_product

41BbTh4R-KL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

RAM Mounting Systems RAM-B-182U Double Ball Motorcycle Reservoir Cover Mount

by RAM

Be the first to review this item

Like (0)

List Price: $37.73

Price: $12.36 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details

You Save: $25.37 (67%)

I also picked up a camera mount and GPS cradle for ~30% off retail.

That may very well be a good price - I have no idea. And don't get my wrong, I really like Amazon and use them frequently. But the one thing that they do that really pisses me off as it's not very honest is they inflate the 'retail' price so they can show more savings than is actual.

That may very well be a good price - I have no idea. And don't get my wrong, I really like Amazon and use them frequently. But the one thing that they do that really pisses me off as it's not very honest is they inflate the 'retail' price so they can show more savings than is actual.

The RAM site lists it at $39.68

Can I take the reservoir mount piece off and use the rest with Ram-Bone instead?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, a question for all you gear heads. I have a Magellan Roadmate 3065 (I know, it's not a motorcycle GPS, but I ain't shellin' out the dough right now) that has a 1/2" ball. Is there any way to get a Ram Mount to work with it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I take the reservoir mount piece off and use the rest with Ram-Bone instead?
Yes. Absolutely.

Ok, a question for all you gear heads. I have a Magellan Roadmate 3065 (I know, it's not a motorcycle GPS, but I ain't shellin' out the dough right now) that has a 1/2" ball. Is there any way to get a Ram Mount to work with it?

I think this is what you need: RAM-B-101-MA4U

Yes. Absolutely.
Thanks very much, Fred. I figured it out eventually by searching around. Some sites show the 3 separate pieces that make up this mount, so I can take the reservoir piece off and use the rest with Ram-Bone.

Is that gonna work on the FJR reservoir?

Surprisingly, the stuff showed up at the door today. Wasn't expecting it until next week what with the free super saver shipping.

I am happy to report that yes, using two of the six slotted holes, this will fit the FJR reservoir.

Surprisingly, the stuff showed up at the door today. Wasn't expecting it until next week what with the free super saver shipping.

I am happy to report that yes, using two of the six slotted holes, this will fit the FJR reservoir.
So you got the correct one then? Mine isn't even close to what's pictured on Amazon or Ram's site. And I didn't notice this appears to be intended to mount on the left side reservoir. AE's don't have one. Double whammy.

So you got the correct one then? Mine isn't even close to what's pictured on Amazon or Ram's site. And I didn't notice this appears to be intended to mount on the left side reservoir. AE's don't have one. Double whammy.
It isn't a perfect match to the reservoir, but it has three sets of slotted holes and I'll be able to make it work, no problem.