Rapid Transit "The Stack LT" Magnetic Tank Bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ViperDriver

Reaction score
I've seen praise (except for the smallish map pocket) on the forum of the Rapid Transit Recon 19 tank bag. I went to NewEnough with the thought of buying one and found the Rapid Transit "The Stack LT" Magnetic Tank Bag. It looks a lot like the Recon with a lower section added. (NewEnough has photos that show it better than I can describe it.) Has anyone tried this bag on a Feejer?

Here's the whole kit:
bag_straps_raincvr.jpg

And here it is mounted on some kind of inferior bike:
fac_on_550.jpg

It is on my wish list. It would really be nice if the magnetic piece were separate so you could attach either the Recon 19 bag or the smaller bottom bag if you want to. If I read it right you have to always have the bottom bag on and the Recon 19 can be removed, but not the other way around.

It would really be nice if the magnetic piece were separate so you could attach either the Recon 19 bag or the smaller bottom bag if you want to.
Agreed, but I like the looks of it. I think this and the BMW F650 tail bag (also here, item #6) would make a killer travelin' kit.

Yes. I have seen the Recon 19 on a bike in a parking lot. OIt looks very nice, easy to organize your gear in it, and narrow enough that it won't interfere with the bars even at full lock.

I use an Eclipse standard strap-on bag on my Maxim and it is just wide enough that the horn button gets pushed when making tight turns in parking lots if I have stuff in the side pouches. Very annoying.