Really tough windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bramfrank

BramFrank
Reaction score
Just got back from Americade and in the indoor Tourexpo there was a vendor selling windshields for GW1500 and 1800 as well as for the HD FLHT that just blew me away.

Apparently these people have perfected a sealing/coating process for newly formed Lexan screens that is EXTREMELY durable and clear. Their demo has a windshield wiper with steel wool attached to the blade moving repeatedly back and forth for days on end. They have treated HALF the windshield - and it is patently obvious which half, because the treated side simply looked brand new.

They said that they would consider making new designs for additional bikes based on demand - and, while they aren't locked to any specific shield (and given the diverse demands of this group, that might be a problem) but if the group could create significant demand for a particular design, they'd make it.

They might well be the last windshields you would ever buy.

Not cheap - they are priced in the $150-$320 range. But they are clean and very tough.

If you guys are interested in getting them to produce FJR versions it takes a write-in campaign. Contact the company (no affiliation) at <[email protected]>. Their web site is www.f4customs.com. No affiliation . . . and so on.

Last edited by a moderator:
That does sound tough. I've found though that a wet cloth and a dry towel clean the bugs off nicely-I've yet to see a bug build up so bad steel wool is necessary. :D