Really wrecked 06 for Parts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdisher

formerly Renegade, get used to it.
Reaction score
OK, so this wrecked 06 came and went on ebay...

It's literally 5 minutes down the road from my house. The opening bid on ebay was $1500 which form the pics seems like a lot to me.

(anyone know who's this was and if this person is still with us?)

I'm not sure there's actually $1000 worth of salavagable good parts left on this thing.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

I've started to go look at it twice, figuring if I could get it for a song, I'd at least have a wiring harness, or parts of it, and bolts and stuff...

Thoughts?

Zero bids...Not much left. Even the wheels look to be shot.

He does say that the "gauges are still good " though.

You'd have a hard time finding $1500 worth of good stuff to part out on this one..

That's why it didn't sell...

I looked at it an thought $500 would be a Max!.

You have to think with that damage everything but the harness and front seat? ar trash. He prob bought it at an insurance auction for a few 100 and took what he wanted. I seriously doubt I would drop any money on it as anything you could use would be bad on your bike from a crash as well.

Even if you got it cheap I doubt it's worth the hastle of storing it.

I'd only be interested if I knew that I was going to use some pieces from it right away, and sell or dispose of the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if you got it cheap I doubt it's worth the hastle of storing it.
I'd only be interested if I knew that I was going to use some pieces from it right away, and sell or dispose of the rest.
That all depends on your storage options :)

it woud be fun just to take apart !
Absolutely... :)

I bought a 2005 in pretty much the same shape last year. The whole front up to the steering head was badly mangled (the front subframe was twisted razor-sharp in the impact and you needed to be extra careful taking it apart).

HJIKY-Wreck.JPG

Yet the engine was perfect and so was everything "aft".

I would guess that a nearly-new engine & gearbox (if not compromised in the crash) would be worth a grand...

Stef