Rear Crash Bars from Racing 905

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRPittsburgh

Rally Addict
Reaction score
I received my rear crash bars from Racing 905 and installed them on my 2008 AE model. All went well with the exception of the rear pegs. The bars are designed to use the rear peg bolt as one of the 3 connecting points and a new rear peg bracket is on the bars to bolt on the existing rear pegs. No go. Holes not drilled in the proper place. I mounted the pegs in the upward position so the job looks complete, but they will not fold down for the rear passenger to use. Not sure if I'll accept them as is or wait another 3 months for replacement. Very slow service, but nice quality product with the exception of the peg hole drilling error.

Nope. Sorry. I'm at work for the next 12 hours. Just picture the bracket which accepts the rear peg with the holes drilled in the wrong position. ;) I'll contact Racing 905 later to see if they will replace them or give me a discount I can't pass up.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I recall properly...

The problem is they get 'tweaked' a bit when they finish is baked on...

I did have to 'spread' the bracket that's welded on to get my pegs in. I was able to push the pegs down, once I got the bolts through. I *think* I drilled one of the holes to be a 'tad' larger on the left side.

But once they were mounted, and pushed into the usable position I tightened them up. I don't really need for them to fold up with the bars on there.

YMMV.

-MD