rear fender eliminator

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhereg

Reaction score
I'm a new owner of an '04 FJR1300 and was wonedring if anyone knew of a company that makes a rear fender eliminator kit. I have not been able to come up with one during internet searches.

Thanks, unfortunately there is no photo of what it looks like. Guess I'll call the company and inquire.

Thanks, unfortunately there is no photo of what it looks like.
Actually, what Rad was pointing out was Fender Extender, not eliminator

Fender extenders are popular with this bike.

Picture the rear of the bike and the back of your riding jacket splattered with mud and road spooge from the immense roostertail of slime that is thrown up even at slow speeds. :blink:

Even the stock fender does a mediocre job of preventing splooge from splattering.

I made my own Fender Extender:

mf1.jpg

Then again, I ride in the PacNorthWest year-round, and it can rain just a little bit around here.... if one tends not to ride in the wet that much, it may not be that big of an issue.....

Welcome to the forum, BTW....

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean like this?

A replacement stock tailpeice is around $100 from a good source, though it's a pain to change.

Stock tailpeice, a coping saw, and some sandpaper.

christmas2.jpg

christmas7.jpg

Actually, there is a fender eliminator kit in there if you look down far enough.

https://www.geelongcarboncraft.com.au/items/item456.htm

it was, however, more a search tip than anything. I have no idea if it's a good unit or not. But it is expensive, and as such should appeal to all the rich fucks hereabouts.... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, WC! That's some extender--but I can still see a couple of inches of tire. :haha:

But I just can't see sawing of the back fender on this bike--I see guys do it on the FZ1 and it looks good, until the roost eats the paint...

It's not about how much money you have to spend, it's about how you spend whatever money you do have. Priorities..... I personally am more of a cheap f** rather than a rich or poor one. Though I normally use the word 'frugal'. :rolleyes:

Just making a point that having money to spend liberally on one's passions should not make one a social pariah. If one was to total up the cost of some of our

"essentual" group buys, particularily if viewed from someone lower on the economic scale, (someone who can barely feed his family), then we could all be considered excessive, compulsive, consumers a.k.a. American "rich F*cks" (per Radman).

Everything is relative to one's point of view, at any specific time and circumstances.

[SIZE=14pt]Me[/SIZE]..............

[SIZE=14pt]I just like to buy lot's of stuff, all of the time!!![/SIZE] :eek:k:

P.S. I'm waiting for a response (and comic relief) from TWN. :p

Actually, there is a fender eliminator kit in there if you look down far enough.https://www.geelongcarboncraft.com.au/items/item456.htm

it was, however, more a search tip than anything. I have no idea if it's a good unit or not. But it is expensive, and as such should appeal to all the rich fucks hereabouts.... :p
That's a hugger and not a fender eliminator.

Thanks all for the input. slapnpop, do you mean that you modified the stock fender (chopped it)? RTSR1/FJR, I can't see what you did to your bike but it looks good, what did you do?

Thanks all for the input. slapnpop, do you mean that you modified the stock fender (chopped it)? RTSR1/FJR, I can't see what you did to your bike but it looks good, what did you do?
The FJR I haven't done anything to it. The R1 has a "GRAVES" rear fender eliminator on it. They don't make anything for the FJR though.