Rear Frame Sliders?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulie

Reaction score
I'm looking for a set of rear frame slider/bobbins/tipover protection. I have Motovations on the front. The only rear ones I've found come from Europe at a horrendous cost. Don't get me started on the weak dollar vs. the Euro, trade deficit, yada yada. This is not political. Right.

Anybody know of a US supplier for rear crash bobbins? Thanks.

I'm looking for a set of rear frame slider/bobbins/tipover protection. I have Motovations on the front. The only rear ones I've found come from Europe at a horrendous cost. Don't get me started on the weak dollar vs. the Euro, trade deficit, yada yada. This is not political. Right.

Gotta picture of what ya want ? Front bars are just about done and then start working on the rear...

Gotta picture of what ya want ? Front bars are just about done and then start working on the rear...
No One,

I would just like something that if my bike is dropped, I am not looking @ $1000+ cosmetic damage - something like what the GL1800 has!

BTW, aren't you in Texas? If so, do you need another "tester"? I am in BCS.

Best Regards,

Shane

No One,

I would just like something that if my bike is dropped, I am not looking @ $1000+ cosmetic damage - something like what the GL1800 has!

Best Regards,

Shane
Not sure what BCS is? Yep in Ft Worth TX...... Give me a shout at the shop, probably can work out something out.

Aussie Cops got 'em!

FJR1300Police001.jpg

FJR1300Police002.jpg

Read previous Thug thread here.

Aussie Cops got 'em!
FJR1300Police001.jpg

FJR1300Police002.jpg

This is the second time I've seen a post where this bike has shown up. I want some crash bars like that. I know someone here was saying they were in the middle of making them, but I don't know if I can wait. I know a guy who fabs stuff for a living and I think I'll take this pic to him this weekend and see what it'll take to have him make a pair for me.

I can't stand the idea of scratching up my pretty faring. SAVE THE PLASTIC!!! That's my new motto.

You know, with all the interest in these, you'd think one of our friendly FJR farkle fabricators would knock together a version of this. I'd be in line for it!

Last edited by a moderator:

No One,

Best Regards,

Shane
Not sure what BCS is? Yep in Ft Worth TX...... Give me a shout at the shop, probably can work out something out.
No One,

BCS = Bryan/College Station!

Do you have a crash bar system for the FJR?

Best Regards,

Shane

No One,

Yes, I have the front just about done and I then will start the rear.. I have promised that I will have pictures up before NAFO, and im planing on posting by the end of the week... I hope to have the rear ready just after NAFO.. If anyone have any questions feel free to shoot me an Email or ask on the forum.... They are looking great.

For the one gentleman making a comment on the plastic faring.... Our "bars" do not touch the plastic and you do NOT need to cut or 'Mod" any of the plastic.....

Best Regards,

Shane
No One,

Best Regards,

Shane

No One,

Best Regards,

Shane
No One,

Best Regards,

Shane

Yes, I have the front just about done and I then will start the rear.. I have promised that I will have pictures up before NAFO, and im planing on posting by the end of the week... I hope to have the rear ready just after NAFO.. If anyone have any questions feel free to shoot me an Email or ask on the forum.... They are looking great.

For the one gentleman making a comment on the plastic fairing.... Our "bars" do not touch the plastic and you do NOT need to cut or 'Mod" any of the plastic.....

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, with all the interest in these, you'd think one of our friendly FJR farkle fabricators would knock together a version of this. I'd be in line for it!

Just about done.... I have them in my hands at the shop...

Aussie Cops got 'em!
FJR1300Police001.jpg

FJR1300Police002.jpg

This is the second time I've seen a post where this bike has shown up. I want some crash bars like that. I know someone here was saying they were in the middle of making them, but I don't know if I can wait. I know a guy who fabs stuff for a living and I think I'll take this pic to him this weekend and see what it'll take to have him make a pair for me.

I can't stand the idea of scratching up my pretty faring. SAVE THE PLASTIC!!! That's my new motto.

The fronts are just about done.... I have them in my hands at our custom shop.... I'm a custom motorcycle / car guy and have a 'pro' shop. I should have pictures up by the end of the week and I should have the rear done and ready to post just after NAFO..... If you have any questions feel free to fire off to me and I would be happy to answer them for you....... WILL NOT MESS UP YOUR PLASTIC.... they will not touch it... I don't want to tear mine up ether and that's how I built them..... :)

There is a guy on the ST-owners forum who makes some nice ones for the ST1300. I asked him to see if he could come up with some for the FJR. He may look into it, but he was surprised none were being done for it. I think it can be done or use a longer mount with a base plate that would allow a slider to be installed and still keep the passenger peg. Two varieties could be offered: one retaining the passenger peg and one not. I don't ever have a passenger and many others don't either.

JDP

Aussie Cops got 'em!

The fronts are just about done.... I have them in my hands at our custom shop.... I'm a custom motorcycle / car guy and have a 'pro' shop. I should have pictures up by the end of the week and I should have the rear done and ready to post just after NAFO..... If you have any questions feel free to fire off to me and I would be happy to answer them for you....... WILL NOT MESS UP YOUR PLASTIC.... they will not touch it... I don't want to tear mine up ether and that's how I built them..... :)
Hey No One... I was just about to place an order with Bike Design Benelux for a set of their tip-over protectors. However, I am not crazy about their appearance. If you are going to be making something like the bars on the Aussie bike, I would be interested. Will your design accomodate a rear passenger?