Rear trunk attachment kit torque settings

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just picked up my replacement Yamaha touring trunk this weekend for my 06 FJR. I was ready to reinstall the rear trunk attachment plate when I realized that I put the instructions for it in a place that I would not loose it. I still do not know why I try and put something in a place where I can not loose it because it is a sure bet I will never see it again.

Here is what I hope to find. I know that the “tail rack/luggage rack bolts” are 15 ft-lbs without the trunk attachment. But what are the torque settings with the trunk attachment for a 06. Is it still 15 ft-lbs? Just want to make sure the torque is correct for the wife when she is on back as she is watching me write this.

Please help won’t you.

Cheers

OEM torque is in the bin-o-facts under:

Torque:

15 Tail Rack/Luggage Rack bolts

Clicky

i'd think yamamamma would list it in the instruction if it were different from OEM spec. torque.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply but I am not looking for a guess

I have the shop manual and also checked out the bin o facts. So I know that without the trunk plate it is 15 ft-lbs. Now I believe that in the instructions for the trunk plate it had a different torque rating but I can not find the instructions.

So... what I am looking for is a kind person who has the Yamaha trunk plate of a 06 FJR if they could let me know if the trunk plate instruction gives a different torque setting.

I would greatly appreciate anyone who has the 06 Yamaha trunk plate for their response.

Cheers